Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Cadar Idris Rides……….;o)
  • ton

anyone done it.
    is it good and worth the slog up.

photo's would be nice too please. 8)

slowrider
    Free Member

do snowdon rangers instead. if you were planning on doing both do snowdon rangers twice!

only kidding, its quite nice in places, some good bits of flowy stuff if i remember right. sorry, no pics

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

IMO it might not be worth it for the ride alone but worth it for the views. You could link it into something starting over near Barmouth for a better ride I reckon.

Stuart

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stumpy01

No pics, but I went up Cadair with a mate in late Jan and it was pretty good. We followed the route from MBR, and there was a fair bit of fireroad style slog but it was still enjoyable.
    Good sense of achievement at the top! And we had a lovely clear day, so some great views.

We started from Abergynolwyn; most of it was rideable until we got near the top; then it either got too steep/rocky or levelled off, but was a mass of large rocks that I couldn't ride through. Coming back down was a real blast though….pretty much rode all of it apart from a couple of dabs.
    I'd not go when it's likely to be busy as there's a series of rock steps that you can hurtle down, but I imagine during peak periods you wouldn't get a clear run at them.
    We got mainly shouts of encouragements along with comments like 'you're not seriously riding back down there are you?', 'you must be nuts' etc…..we didn't get any negative comments from walkers, although got a few icy glares, which obviously resulted in the obligatory extra cheerful 'Hello' in return.

Looptail
    Free Member

Do you mean Cader Idris, bach?

chakaping
    Free Member

Did it a few weeks ago, pictures here.

We enjoyed it, hated pushing my Froggy up – but loved it going down.

Descent is fantastic and rocky at top, nice singletrack in middle and slightly dull grass towards bottom.

devs
    Free Member

It rocks! There's a bit of hike a bike on the way up but it's all rideable on the way down. The only bit that gave any concern was a narrow gap between two boulders that looked bentrotorsnappedmechhangertastic but I cleaned the whole thing in two stages (I waited for my mate at the bottom of the rock steps so we could have a grin session)

MrAgreeable

We did it earlier in the year. My impression was a long old push to the top, no view (despite it being fairly clement down in the valley), howling winds, and then a descent that was over in less than 10 minutes – the techy bits being about 3 minutes, and we were mincing. It was very different from the type of riding I usually do, and was fun for a change, but I wouldn't go out of my way for it.

snowpaul
    Free Member

its a fun full on mtn experience. dont under estimate it – had hail n blizzards in summer time! Its a far slog up and the top section reet rocky

enjoy

paul

ton

cheers fella's 8)

or

bechgyn lloniannau 😉

flippinheckler
    Free Member

When you thinking of doing this push ride Ton?

ton

friday 9th of july.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Ton,

I'd be interested in tagging along for the ride if you fancy organising something.

Andy

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I would like to join you to!

ton

andy
    anyone and everyone is welcome mate……… 8)

ton

flippinheckler

more than welcome mate.

i will post a meet time and place a bit nearer the date.

trickydisco
    Free Member

We went up cadair on saturday as part of a welsh coast to coast. Pushed most of it up and then 3 of them climbed the foxes path (with bikes.. looked very scary) and the rest of us pushed up the the pony path.

descent on the other side was great

steve_b77
    Free Member

Did it last summer, nice view but not certain if we'll be doing it again.

Summit photo :mrgreen:

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Cheers Ton,

Fire me an email over when you know some details.

Nick

It's fantastic imo, hard bloody work but the views are epic and the descent is great, did it last year with the Pont Scetin ride one day and this the next.

ton

doing pont scethin on the 10th too……….. 8)

mr_mills
    Free Member

Me and a mate went up last weekend. We followed the route in a Bikefax book which started by the Mary Jones chapel, the at the summit turned back and came down again.

It's the first time of ridden it so was wondering if anyone knows how this route compares to others…?

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

There's only one way up and down by bike … pony path.

mr_mills
    Free Member

So if you start near that chapel, that's the pony path? I thought the pony path was from the north but thought we had gone up from the south?!

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Pony path splits … from the south it's bridleway to the top. From the north it's footpath until it meets the bridleway.

beargotsoul

Did it 20 years ago on a Saracen Tufftrax, good times

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Cadar Idris Rides……….;o)’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts