Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cadair Idris — anyone been up there this week?
  • nathaneddy
    Free Member

I’ll be in the area next week and wondering if it’s covered with snow, and how much.
    In perfect weather I’d be up there with a bike and with toddlers and family (on separate days. . .)

xanboy
    Free Member

It was covered in snow and ice this week, it’s got some deep drifts and the path is not visible in places.
    Ice axes and crampons were being recommended by the mountain rescue people and the mountain forecast.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/loutdoor/mountainsafety/snowdonia/snowdonia_forecast_print.html

Below is the mountain forecast for the next few days

twoniner
    Free Member

Covered in snow, taken today.

nathaneddy
    Free Member

Goodness, thanks.
    Looks like there are some trails around Machynlleth (we’ll be in Corris) which I guess will be free of snow?

chiefP
    Free Member

Corris itself is clear was there on Friday.

The Climachx is fun not long and does has some Snow on the top sections, Snow on ‘Where’s my Ball section’ Snow on the ‘Twin Sisters’ but grips really well and clear from Cadair View and dry as on the Final decent which is so much fun more since they took the trees down which i don’t normally like.

There is 2 trees down as well 1 at the start of ‘VA-VA VOOM’ and on the climb to ‘Where’s my ball’

So you have everything, Dry-Fast-Wet-Ice-Snow

http://www.corrisonline.co.uk/GeocacheImages/MoelHeulenPiccies/ClimachxMap.jpg

nathaneddy
    Free Member

the map is good, thanks very much. “severe” singletrack. nice.

chiefP
    Free Member

Forgot to add it doesn’t mention anything about a big Orange Left Arrow at the start of Wiggles what ever you do don’t go full pelt towards it or you will go over the edge!! it cuts back in sharp seen a few marks that indicate a few have ignored this sign and have taken a trip over the edge 😀

nathaneddy
    Free Member

have it marked on the map. . .

chiefP
    Free Member

No need it’s a Big Arrow you can not miss it, pretty self explanatory.

Have Fun

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cadair Idris — anyone been up there this week?’ is closed to new replies.