Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cabling for home entertainment…
  • billybob
    Free Member

Was in town earlier today & needed 3 cables, an HDMI, an optical & a component.

Spoke to the conet man & he recommended an HDMI that was £30, optical that was £20, they didn’t have component cable. Ended up being quite rude when I told him I wanted cheap cable & have just bought all 3 on Amazon for £12.00…

Just thought I’d share…

montylikesbeer

cables on the high street are a rip off, you did right

john_drummer
    Free Member

I was after an optical cable last weekend, needed at least 2m to be sure of it reaching.
    Comet had a 3m optical cable at £59.99.
    Maplin had a 3m one at £10.99 – no brainer

The problem with Currys/Comet etc is that they only seem to stock the really expensive cables, and try to convince you that this is all that’s available, so you’ll put up & shut up.

househusband

Have got all my interconnects from http://www.thatcable.com/ – I see no need to spend any more for digital interconnects.

julianwilson
    Free Member

I wanted cheap cable & have just bought all 3 on Amazon for £12.00…

you’ll only be watching I’m a celebrity on it after all 😉

CountZero

I wouldn’t buy digital interconnects from high street stores, any more than I’d buy memory cards. Even Maplins overcharge for those; a 2Gb SD card for £10! Xxox off, I can get an 8Gb for that online, possibly even a 16 now.

billybob
    Free Member

you’ll only be watching I’m a celebrity on it after all

I’m looking forward to hearing just how good the x-factor finalists sound through my stereo – I think the reason they’ve all sounded abysmal thus far is down to the limitations of my tv speakers…. 😉

uplink
    Free Member

Just make sure you install them the right way round

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I think the reason they’ve all sounded abysmal thus far is down to the limitations of my tv speakers…

No, your TV speakers sound like they were working just fine….

midlifecrashes

Poundland FTW!
    http://www.poundland.co.uk/product-range/a-z/signalex-hdmi-cable-for-home-entertainment/

Wilkinson’s have a good range too, if vastly overpriced compared to Poundland.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Cables and accessories are where the commission is for the sales guys.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cabling for home entertainment…’ is closed to new replies.