Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cable routing woes
  • kirky72
    Free Member

Having just trod and failed for a couple of hours to route a single cable, one of three. I’m really in need of some advice.

The frame is a kingdom vendetta, no internet sleeves, nothing left in there to follow, the entry and exit holes are quite small and angular. I’ve been wiggling a gear cable inner around for a while and can see the end of the bugger but the hopes to small to grab or deflect it out.

Any ideas.

Also anybody that has the frame can you tell me the right routing for the dropper. Cheers

jimw
    Free Member

I have used the thin cotton thread and a vacuum cleaner method with some success in the past. Unwind a long length of thread, push as much as possible in one end, seal other holes with tape and suck from the one you want the cable to come out. Sounds odd but has worked on two different frames for me in the past. Then attach cable to the thread- i used superglue to reduce the diameter of join as much as possible, then pull carefully through. Make sure you have threaded inner through the lever/shifter and the outer first though.

kirky72
    Free Member

Please delete. Got the wrong area, whoops.

jimw
    Free Member

The mods have moved it

kirky72
    Free Member

I emailed Chris at kingdom and he relied promptly as ever with a smart way around it.

Sharp folded gear inner, insert the folded end, stick a jbend spoke into the outer hole catch the cable and pull through the clean cut end, unfold, stick the outer on push along the gear cable.

I think even my ham fisted skills should be able to follow this.

oldnpastit

I used a magnet.

jruk
    Free Member

Hope you get it fixed but that is such a shitty workaround, especially on a pricey frame. There’s a lot to be said for full outer external routing.

roach

Sharp folded gear inner, insert the folded end, stick a jbend spoke into the outer hole catch the cable and pull through the clean cut end, unfold, stick the outer on push along the gear cable.

I’ll have to remember this technique for when I re-cable my Planet X RT-58.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cable routing woes’ is closed to new replies.