Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cable for my iPhone 4S?
  • Duane…
    Free Member

Hi all,

Having problems getting my 4S to sync with my PC, so want to try a new cable (have a couple old cables, both non-apple I’m pretty sure, neither of which work).

Don’t fancy shelling out £15 for a proper Apple one (http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MA591G/C/apple-dock-connector-to-usb-cable?fnode=3a), as I would like to get a couple, so any recommendations for a cheaper one which still works fine?

Seen ones like this;
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Genuine-Apple-Connector-MA591G-iPhone/dp/B000Y7LXJ6/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1368036842&sr=1-4&keywords=Apple+Computer

Which have “definitely not genuine” in the reviews – but does that matter?

Ta, Duane.

nealglover
    Free Member

I have found that cheap copies are very slow (charging and data) but decent quality (griffin etc) cables seem to be the same as genuine apple ones.

eyerideit
    Free Member

You should buy a Mac, then you won’t have any charging problems.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Duane, try and find a mate who has upgraded to a 5 they may be willing to give you their cables. TBH I think the Apple cable is best for piece of mind, what happened to the original one that came with the phone ?

GrahamS

Got about a dozen cables here. A mix of Apple and 3rd party, including extra long, extra short, retractable etc

They all work fine.

If you are having issues (and the cable appears undamaged) then in my experience it is likely to be a problem at the port. It is pretty easy to get fluff and pocket lint stuck in the port, giving you a crap connection.

CountZero

As GrahamS says, it’s surprising how much fluff collects in the dock, and pushing the cable in compacts it, too. Get a darning needle and carefully run it around the bottom of the dock port, you may find a lump of stuff that’s stopping the connector seating properly. I still use my old iP4, as an iPod, and for car navigation, and I noticed the cable wouldn’t seat properly, found a large lump of stuff at one end.
    Connected up perfectly once I hooked it out. FWIW, I’ve got about half a dozen cables, from different sources, and they all work just fine.

loddrik
    Free Member

Got loads of 99p ones off eBay that work just the same as the official ones, never had any problems with them.

The new lightening ones on the other hand, the ones I bought off eBay all broke within days so I had to bit the billet and buy a couple from apple at £15 a pop!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cable for my iPhone 4S?’ is closed to new replies.