Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Cable end thingmy, like on a KS i950
  • Northwind

Due to hamfisted knobbery, I didn’t do up the little cable end thing on my KS and it is now reinforcing a fireroad on penhydd. Before I get on to Jungle for a replacement I just wondered if it’s a readily available thing? I can’t find anything suitable online but I might be looking in the wrong place… Any ideas?

It’s a little (5mm or thereabouts) black disc with a step in, and a 1.5mm grub screw which clamps the cable- as you can just see at teh end of the cable here:

(thus begins the process of replacing about 50% of my hardtail, as it all hit some critical fatigue point at bike park wales and disintegrated)

BlobOnAStick

I used the internal metal clamp from a 13amp electrical chock block. Cut the plastic off and clamp the cable inside by doing up the screws. Works well but doesn’t look very polished…….

maloney19710776
    Free Member

+1 for the 13A chock block. My dropper has been like that for two years with no problems.

Northwind

Damn it! That would have been perfect, was in south wales just looking at the cable end and couldn’t think of a bodge. Cheers!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Cable end thingmy, like on a KS i950’ is closed to new replies.