Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Cable Disks: BB7's still king?
  • boblo
    Free Member

Now we seem to have a plethora of alternatives (in theory at least), are BB7’s still the afficanados cable disk brake of choice?

Dibbs
    Free Member

TRP HyRd’s are better in my opinion.

boblo
    Free Member

The are the cable/hydro hybrid aren’t they? Just looking for cable for simplicity. Ta.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mcmoonter
    Free Member

Boblo, I dismantled, cleaned and greased my BB7s which I have barely looked at after five years. They are a simple mechanism. I only had to grease the inboard adjuster as a precaution against seizure.

cp

for mtb or road/CX? Also look at TRP Spyre for road/CX.

convert

I’m probably going to go to the trp hyrds from my BB7s. Not convinced about the bb7 single pad movement in terms of getting them set up close.

If you are intent on cables they are as good as any I think. I’ll sell you my mint set that have seen a couple of hundred road miles if you are set on them (and I’ll buy the hyrds).

fasthaggis

They can be a bit noisy till you get them set up right ,and they always have a wee bit of rubbing in between tweeking .
    I like them, it’s like riding with super V-brakes 😀

Dibbs
    Free Member

The are the cable/hydro hybrid aren’t they? Just looking for cable for simplicity. Ta.

The TRP’s are probably simpler with less moving parts than the BB7’s and they’re self adjusting.

boblo
    Free Member

For road/bridleway. Fancied Spyre’s but they are vapourware at the moment.

Convert, can you email me offline with details please? Interested.

convert

done.

Gotama
    Free Member

I like the simplicity associated with the TRP HyRd and presume it must be pretty simple to bleed. How does the power compare to a Shimano SLX for example?

Edit I’m think for MTB application rather than cyclocross/road

Jamie
    Free Member

For road/bridleway. Fancied Spyre’s but they are vapourware at the moment.

Apparently not. Upgrade finally have stock, and confirmed stores will have them imminently.

boblo
    Free Member

Hooray \O/

gonetothehills
    Free Member

You need the TRP Spyres in your life. They’re very good – a doddle to set up and silent to run. I’ve had them on the Tripster ATR for about 1300 miles now, 160mm front and rear (using the original TRP rotors) and they work superbly. A big step up from the BB5 that I had before,

c_klein87

new to cable disc’s, decided to get some after Hopes seem to dislike the wet and mud immensley, had the BB7 road set on a grython then the BB7 mtb version on my winter xc bike, can’t believe how good they are! easy to set up, quiet and seem to have enough power to stop me on 160rotors, all i need is Jones now

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Cable Disks: BB7's still king?’ is closed to new replies.