Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • cable cutters
  • hainman
    Free Member

im looking to purchase some cable cutters but the bike “specific” ones are rather expensive so i looked at amazon and seen some draper ones at 9quid.would they work ok??

bigyinn
    Free Member

Its more likely they’ll just mash the cable where you’re trying to cut it. Aluminium and copper are a lot softer than steel cables too.

fadda

You may find these get worn quicker, as they’re intended for softer metals.

Got any mates with cable cutters? I share the cost of some tools with a mate, which effectively half the cost.

Northwind
    superfli
    Free Member

I was just about to post that link! lol

Northwind

I’ll let you get the next one 🙂

superfli
    Free Member

I think I beat you to the last one 🙂

atlaz
    Free Member

I bought a set from screwfix. They were perfect for what I needed and are still going strong. In fact I have a pinch scar from some cack handed use of them about 4 months ago.

ricardo666
    Free Member

I tried the draper ones,,.awful for gear cables, but great in the garden.

I’ve now got a pair from merlin bbb i think theyre made by

swamp_boy

The e bay ones look like Felco C7s, which are Swiss made, if they are genuine articles they are brilliant, but there are a lot of cheap imitations about.

sv

Rolson ones of eBay have worked well for me.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

After whinging about Screwfixes cable cutters being crap – I got some Felco C7s as a pressie. Never heard of them before that but possibly the best built tool (and pleasure to use) in my otherwise mediocre tool kit.

Screwfix ones ime are fine initially but the blades “spread” after a while and the cuts go all messy / to pot.

Northwind

Oops, wrong thread

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘cable cutters’ is closed to new replies.