Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cable connectors for Lights and Battery pack
  • growinglad
    Free Member

I noticed that the female connector attached to my battery pack has seen better days and one of the cables is no longer connected.

I’m thinking of getting two new connectors and remaking the cables.

Contacted Maplin and they have just informed me that they don’t stock such connectors (which I find very strange).

Anyways, can anyone recommend somewhere online where I can pick up these connectors.

Also, anyone else done this job…straight forward enough?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve got a few cut off old batteries/lights. The easiest way is to cut the cable, splice them together and heat-shrink tubing around them.

Soldering on connectors is a PITA.

stevied
    Free Member

What sort of connectors? I’ve got some spares in a box, depending on what you need

phiiiiil

I replaced a plug the other week with one from maplin; it’s just a standard 2.1mm DC plug which they definitely do…

patagonian
    Free Member

I’ve got exactly the same issue and I got new connectors from …………. Maplins.
    Description is dc power plug 2.5mm/5.5mm

mav12
    Free Member

if its the one with a screw connector have a look on fleabay called waterproof dc connector

riddoch

Hope use the 2.5mm dc connector, just about everyone else uses 2.1mm. Apart from one company (can’t remember the name but they sponsor a team) that uses nice screw together Mil spec type connectors with multiple pins.
    If maplin don’t do them RS have a bigger range, but naming can be a bit inconsistent, male, female, Jack, plug, socket etc.
    If anyone has a 2.5mm panel mount jack that would be grand.

takisawa2

Heat shrink & self amalgam tape are your friends.

growinglad
    Free Member

Thanks for the responses.

It’s just from a cheapo Chinese import that I chuck on my helmet. Got a better one for bar mounting….needless to say you can see the difference in quality.

I’ve found the parts on their site, I’ll have a measure up tonight to see whether it’s 2.1 or 2.5

Thanks again,

GL

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cable connectors for Lights and Battery pack’ is closed to new replies.