Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Cabin Pressue and bleeding brakes (R4 content)
  • unklehomered
    Free Member

A really bad idea at the same. Was at a particularly tricky bit when Arthur ate the fruit. Much mineral oil wasted.

Anyone miss I recommend it for iplayer, just don’t do anything involving balancing a bike, slippery fluids and trying not to make a mess.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I have NO idea what you’re on about.

Pigface
    Free Member

Its a great comedy really funny

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rogerthecat
    Free Member

Deliberately missed it as I was driving on slush covered roads in heavy traffic and it does not help my concentration. Will listen tonight, in bed, with a brew, Douglas is my hero – beautifully bitter and twisted.

hairyscary

Absolutely brilliant. Every character is perfect.

kennyp
    Free Member

I had tears of laughter running down my cheeks listening to fizz buzz have a banana. John Finnemore is a comedy genius.

hairyscary

The word with one sound game one was good as well.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Deliberately missed it as I was driving on slush covered roads in heavy traffic and it does not help my concentration

Very wise move, I can’t drive on motorways listening to cabin pressure, or Meet David Sedaris. Too much funny.

Also apologies for the original post, some pretty helpful words not included there… 🙄

andyfb78
    Free Member

one of the best so far, think I’m actually going to by it on cd.
    R4 comedy is good for my soul

GrahamS

Its a great comedy really funny

I must be listening to something different!

I find Radio 4 sitcom comedy to be bloody awful:
    Cabin Pressure; Elvenquest; Fags, Mags and Bags; Rudy’s Rare Records; that one about the codebreakers – all dire. Rarely raise so much as a smirk.

brakes
    Free Member

I stumbled upon Cabin Pressure in the car once.
    I don’t think I’m old enough yet to appreciate the “humour”.
    Are you all pensioners?

sparksmcguff

Cabin pressure – excellent. Fags Mags and Bags – love it (proper Scottish comedy). Impressed by the fact that John Finnimore (writer) hasn’t taken the best part (Douglas).

GrahamS

Fags Mags and Bags – love it (proper Scottish comedy).

It’s just Navid’s shop from Still Game extended into a longer, far less funny show.

It’s probably the most funny (least crap) of those I mentioned – but it is still pretty dire.

unklehomered
    Free Member

For me Cabin Pressure doesn’t belong in that list, it would be elevated into its own list with Old Harry’s Game and… and… that may be it.

I like fags bags, but it isn’t something I would think twice about listening too when arranging priceless china, driving on slushy roads or holding a baby.

RustySpanner

Sorry, but Fags, Mags & Bags is genius – one of the best things I’ve heard on radio.

Cabin Pressure is great and has been from the start.
    Clare in the Community needs a special mention though – thought it would have mistakenly gone down well with the ‘PC gone mad’ brigade on here.
    It’s so well written and just gets better as it gets older.

The Castle is weak, as is Party, but Count Arthur Strong & Ed Reardon’s week makes up for them, tbh.

I even quite like ‘When The Dog Dies’. Ronnie Corbett is a bit of a genius in that, tbh.

GrahamS

Count Arthur Strong leaves me cold, but Ed Reardon’s Week is pretty good sometimes.

neilthewheel

Wednesdays have been just great lately – Clare in the Community in the morning and Cabin Pressure in the evening.

RustySpanner

We need more Giles Wemmbley Hogg.

And much more Secret World.
    Who knew about Sallis & Titchmarsh?

unklehomered
    Free Member

I have to confess to having been turned around on Clare in the Community. But I would argue it has become good, after years of practice (seriously how many series now?)

Count Arthur Strong leaves me cold, but Ed Reardon’s Week is pretty good sometimes.

+1

The Guns of Adam Riches is worth a listen, its put together in a different way to most shows.

Pigface
    Free Member

I must be listening to something different!

I find Radio 4 sitcom comedy to be bloody awful:

People like different things shock 😆

kennyp
    Free Member

Tons of great comedy on R4. Many TV shows started life as R4 programmes, and were much funnier on radio when they didn’t have to cater for the dumb masses that watch TV.

RustySpanner

and were much funnier on radio when they didn’t have to cater for the dumb masses that watch TV.

I wouldn’t say that, some things just suit the radio better.

Bleak Expectations being the prime example.
    The TV adaptation was bloody awful, just didn’t work without the surrealist nonsense.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

People like different things shock

Strange isn’t it. I think some folk struggle with radio comedy. Which is fine really.

unklehomered
    Free Member

The TV adaptation was bloody awful,

they surely didn’t… did they? really?

Don’t mind BE, don’t go out of my way to listen to it but its good cooking radio, its just Elven Quest – elves + dickens really.

RustySpanner

The Bleak Old Shop of Stuff. 🙁

ElvenQuest is poor – just having a fantasy setting isn’t in itself funny. You need some jokes as well.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Listening to Cabin Pressure again whilst cooking tea – still laughing out loud, again!

unklehomered
    Free Member

I really hope Benedict Cumberbatch goes back for another series, obviously they’ve left it open to see if he’s available, wants to etc… which implies there’s a good chance.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Cabin Pressue and bleeding brakes (R4 content)’ is closed to new replies.