Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Caaaaaancil haaaaaaaarse tenants being paid to fix their own houses
  • binners

stop watching Jeremy Kyle and fix that tap fatty

Its a win win. Less time for them to pop out more feral kids and burgle their neighbours houses, more money for Carlsberg and Lambert and Butler, so they won’t have to do as much shoplifting. 😀

yunki
    Free Member

well that’s settled it..

I’m orf to smash up me toilet with a lump hammer.. 8)

passtherizla
    Free Member

🙂 ha ha.

bobbyg81
    Free Member

Im sure the Sun article is entirely accurate. Should you not be reading The Daily Mail anyway?

wattsymtb
    Free Member

Imagine being the teacher of the basic DIY courses they are going to be offered.

toys19
    Free Member

TBH I think it’s a good idea, my tenants expect me to change lightbulbs and to come round every time a trip switch goes..

yunki
    Free Member

Imagine being the teacher of the basic DIY courses they are going to be offered.

hmmm.. why’s that then..?

Macgyver

mmmmmm, having seen the quality of some tenants handywork, this ain’t going to work. Okay, some may be compentent but the majority will be hopeless and all it will do is delay the work being done a second time by somone more capable.

totalshell

NOOOOOOOOOO… we do a lot of work in ‘community housing’ and most of it is around repairing DIY attempts.

i ve seen combi boilers with thier flues taken off to keep the warm air in.. flues dismantled in lofts because there noisy.. a boiler in a bedroom wrapped in a duvet because it hums.. ( the guy had tinitus) a bucket by every radiator as the guy said he wanted then to have fresh water in every day.. the number of radiators that we ve had to replace where tenants decide to move them ( without thinking that they might have water in them.. air vents essential for supplying air to a gas appliance stuffed with jumpers to get rid of the draught..

I ve never seen DIY that has not cost the property manager/ owner more in the long run.

maccruiskeen

Are ‘links to the super soar-away sun’ the new ‘links to the daily mail’?

GrahamS

Based on totalshell’s stories, perhaps this is a thinly veiled experiment in population control and eugenics?

😯

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

bobbyg81 – Member

Im sure the Sun article is entirely accurate. Should you not be reading The Daily Mail anyway?

too many big words for binners

Junkyard
    Free Member

ve never seen DIY that has not cost the property manager/ owner more in the long run.

because you never had to go to the stuff that was done properly I assum eand you only see the really rubbish stuff

You have skewed sample IMHO

That said yes there are some idiots out there who should not be let near power tools

maccruiskeen

That said yes there are some idiots out there who should not be let near power tools

Its ok though because he’s been banned 🙂 (what ever happened to the thing he was making?)

sobriety
    Free Member

It’s not just council tenants, I’m currently renovating the upstairs of my house, and was pleasantly surprised to find half decent and recent plaster in one of the rooms, the only problem being that they’ve plastered straight over the old, rotten wallpaper…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Caaaaaancil haaaaaaaarse tenants being paid to fix their own houses’ is closed to new replies.