Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • c456 owners advice please
  • inthehouse
    Free Member

Hello,

What forks are best suited to the c456?im wanting an all-rounder,something that can handle wkends away,but then something that wont feel too uncomfortable(too bigger travel) when im having a mid-week blast locally riding xc,
    Thanks in advance 🙂

dantsw13

Good forks at great price – Rockshox revelation or Sektor 150 (£250-350 from Merlin)
    Perfect – adjustable Fox Talas – bloody expensive!! (£500+)

Ps – mine has had new revs and 2nd hand Talas – both were great.

footflaps

GF uses Talas 140/110 which works really well.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    B.A.Nana
    Free Member

140mm, I use mine all the time now, for everything. Massive climbs and descents at Lake Garda a few weeks ago and playing locally, I’ve never felt the need to drop the forks. I’m sure it would be just as good between 130mm-150mm

Alex

I’ve had Coil Sektors (great but weighty) and now a set of 2011 revs. Both 150mm travel. Sektors had a step down which was I used for climbing, revs don’t can’t say I notice that much. Get’s a bit light on the front on the steepest climbs, but in terms of fit and forget they’re brilliant.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

150mm Reveloations on mine. Felt a tad low at 140mm to me, but I like a high front end. 🙂

mrphil
    Free Member

150mm Sector RL with a hope headset, 50mm x 25 degree rise stem.

Tackles climbs well.

shindiggy
    Free Member

150mm Revs on mine, love them.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Used 100 mm without issue and currently use TALAS – only really feel the need to adjust if it is super steep up but not essential

If i was not getting adjustable ones i would get some at 140 tbh as it is does not seem like to much or a compromise for xc stuff

inthehouse
    Free Member

Thanks guys,looks like il be looking for 2nd hand,some varied options to ponder. 🙂

Cheezpleez

I run 130mm Revs on mine, which I think is perfect for all-round riding. Used to have 140 Floats which were Ok too.

Entonox
    Free Member

Sektor TurnKey Solo Air at Merlin £215 (after 10% online sale discount) and also 3% cashback using topcashback.

Slight hijack – If you’re interested I’m selling my 150mm Sektor RL Coil U-turn, includes firm and extra-firm springs. Email in profile for details .

inthehouse
    Free Member

Thanks for the headsup entonox,prob be looking for revs/fox.

yunki
    Free Member

I rode my 456 (steel) at mostly 100mm for the first year or so, which was ace, then at 130mm for a year or so, which was also ace..

Then I invested in some 150mm forks and hated it.. I sold the fork after half a dozen rides..

flybywire
    Free Member

marzocchi 44micro air 140mm, 15mm 2010my.Track well,taught & not flexy.Fluid travel,easy to service.Brill.

fibre
    Free Member

I run Pikes at 130mm, just feels like the sweet spot to me. Front end is low enough not to wonder on climbs, there’s enough to soak things up when it gets more technical and it handles a bit better. Anything 120-150mm should be fine though, travel adjust would be ideal if it’s in budget.

Northwind

Revelation u-turn for mine… it’s a bike that works well with an adjustable fork IMO. Not just for climbing, it also just gives it a nicely different feel with a shorter or longer fork.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Just spent a week in Spain with Ciclo Montana, one chap there was riding a carbon 456 fitted with Revs, seemed to cope with pretty much everything the trail could throw at it*

Well, apart from the Mavic SLX(?) wheelset, went through 7 or 8 of those carbon bladed spokes at £5 each 🙁

forge197
    Free Member

Rev U-turn here, ran it previously with a fixed fork @150mm now it’s nice to have a choice between 120 – 150mm.

Mugboo

2 degree slackset & Pikes at 140mm with upgraded rebound damping from newer Revs (thanks Loco).

I’ve put my Mega away for winter and I am loving the lack of weight & hooligan feel of the HT. I ragged it round Lee & Crag Quarry today and it’s the first time Crag has made sense. Pretty much left my GD in the down position and pumped and jumped my way around the place 🙂

Shame my poor mate bust his collar bone on the short, steep roll at the end of the black section 🙁

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘c456 owners advice please’ is closed to new replies.