Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • C4 now: 999 whats your emergency
  • hora
    Free Member

Awesome. Tedious mixed with choice comments!

project
    Free Member

trauma drs on five now, just swith over at 10 to the plus 1s

hora
    Free Member

Will do ta

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m watching a documentary about Flinders Petrie. I’ve seen it before, but it was either this or a documentary about the two headed woman in America. That was a bit to voyeuristic despite being somewhat interesting.

warton
    Free Member

heartbreaking.

piemonster

Amateurs, Dune is on Horror

hora
    Free Member

A friend works in a response centre. Didnt know what he goes through. ****.

eruptron
    Free Member

Should be watching the bears, awesome footage. Van is big and nasty!!

user-removed
    Free Member

Yup – bears FTW – brilliant!

bruneep

Bears were good

piemonster

Should be watching the bears, awesome footage. Van is big and nasty!!

Absolutely brutal, will have to iplayer tonight’s episode.

Last night when they killed the female bear. Jeez

molgrips
    Free Member

Now I’m watching a programme about North Korea. They jsut showed some insane pageant with thousands of gymnasts. We should give them the Olympics, they would do a hell of an opening ceremony.

piemonster

Thufir, you will need to milk this cat if you want to live

😯

I stand by my telly choice for the evening.

And I get to see Sting stabbed to death.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Bears were fab….. that seal never stood a chance but they didn’t mess about and showed nit meeting its maker!
    So it’s tough being a lady bear but the boys seem to have it fairly easy.

piemonster

Better than I remember it.

Stings death that is, knife upside the chin to the brain.

Best thing for him. Anyone know of a film where this happens to Philip Collins?

sharkbait
    Free Member

My fantasy remake of Buster 🙂

wwaswas

best ever call on that 999 show was;

Bloke with foreign accent: “Can I have an ambulance please, I’m bleeding?”

999 operator: “Where are you bleeding from?”

Bloke: “Warsaw”

Comedy gold.

GrahamS

That guy doing the hoax calls had us shouting at the telly. 👿

He did seem to be not-quite-right though – I wonder if some time with a psychologist may have been more beneficial than a prison sentence (which he described as “a bit harsh”) 🙄

GrahamS

Thufir, you will need to milk this cat if you want to live

?

samuri
    Free Member

Bloke: “Warsaw”
    Comedy gold.

I once went to A&E.
    “I’ve fallen off my bike and sprained my ankle”
    “Which one?”
    “My Scott”

philconsequence
    Free Member

He did seem to be not-quite-right though – I wonder if some time with a psychologist may have been more beneficial than a prison sentence (which he described as “a bit harsh”)

i dunno about that, hoax calls aren’t usually the result of mental illness, and i’d hazard a guess that the person making those calls had capacity and understood what he was doing was wrong.

GrahamS

phil: you’re better qualified to answer that than me 😀

but he did mention that he’d recently been doing a lot of things on impulse and saying things without thinking and he wasn’t sure why.

So I figured it is either someone who is indefinably not-quite-right or someone who wants people to think that (which amounts to the same thing).

philconsequence
    Free Member

people suffering from mental health problems sometimes fall into the trap of thinking they can get away with stuff by blaming the MH problem… there’s quite a few rapists/murderers etc who have played the mental health card and ended up stuck in the forensic mental health system for many many years longer than they would’ve if they’d stuck with the normal prison system.

so as a way of telling if the action is a result of the mental illness or not its all down to assessing capacity.

glad i caught the show last night as previously i had only seen the last 15 minutes. the bit where the lady says about the old chap dying next to his wife as the ambulance crew arrived made the room suddenly go VERY dusty.

samuri
    Free Member

there’s quite a few rapists/murderers etc who have played the mental health card and ended up stuck in the forensic mental health system for many many years longer than they would’ve if they’d stuck with the normal prison system.

project
    Free Member

instead of sending the hoaxer to ban b prision for a few weeks, make him clean the fire engines and make the tea for a few months.

People could have died because of his stupid actions, mental illness or not, it was wrong.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I’m not a fireman and didn’t see the programme, but wouldn’t want to drink tea made by a borderline nutter thanks.

And do some of the rogue callers have a slightly odd attitude to fire engines and the like?

restless
    Free Member

I work in Ambulance control. Prank callers should be made to scrub out the ambulances as a punishment.

fisha
    Free Member

hoax caller made my blood boil. 999 whats your emergency is the program I tell people that gives the best insight into some of what the emergency services go through.

defo worth a watch.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘C4 now: 999 whats your emergency’ is closed to new replies.