Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • C2W options/opinions – cotic roadrat/surly steamroller/charge plug etc
  • gazc
    Free Member

i'm looking to get a new bike through a C2W scheme, ideally singlespeed with 700c wheels, reasonably bombproof and mainly for riding to work/around town/shops etc but my current favorite (cotic roadrat) is out of stock in a large 🙁

anyone know of any good alternatives? i've thought about the surly steamroller but wasnt sure about the geometry as i would prefer something reasonably relaxed and i dont think i'll be able to test ride one to find out for sure. going to try to test ride a charge plug at a lbs – hopefully with flat bars on it to see how it'll go

any other ideas? i think we have a max limit of a grand but able to go on any scheme 😀

thanks

TrailerPark
    Free Member

On one pompino?

addy6402

I had a Charge Plug for a while, flat bars and all. In the end, I found the spinning a bit tiresome and sold it. Nice solid bike though…

funkynick

Pity about the Roadrat, I just got one of those and it's lovely… 😀

I'm not helping much am I? But another vote for a Pompino here, although it might depend on what C2W scheme your company are using.

gazc
    Free Member

ah forgot about the pompino – will check them out, ta

alexonabike

Dunno if it helps, and sorry if it's a bit cheeky, but I have a steamroller for sale:

Surly Steamroller

ilikebikes
    Free Member

I got a Condor Potenza with risers bars, it's fantastic. They are really friendly at Condor and you get custom fit and loads of options.
    If you have a Halfords voucher they will take that, and also let you use your 15% toward the bike.

scruff
    Free Member

Ive got a Trek Soho S. Matt black, big slick wheels, 1 gear. Ive turned the stem upside down, put flat bars on it and the LBS fitted mudguards. Probably better value than the niche urbanz but doesnt have discs.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘C2W options/opinions – cotic roadrat/surly steamroller/charge plug etc’ is closed to new replies.