Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • C2W Full susser – is this any good?
  • 40mpg

Giant Trance X4

Company cycle to work scheme only allows purchases through Wheelies, and max £1,000. I've been thinking about a full susser for a while (mainly ride rigid ss) for weekends in the hills, trail centres etc.

If I got one of these, would I be disappointed, or is it half decent for the money? Not sure what the shock and forks are like.

Has anyone ridden one of these and can comment?

jules.b
    Free Member

I've got a trance x. The frame is excellent and retails at £900 in anodised finish with an RP23. What MTB reviewed the 09 Trance x5 recently and didnt like the TORA forks in the context of the bike. They were throwing it down the Alps. To me the X4 looks like a great deal for £1000, even if the forks might benefit from upgrading…and even better for £600 on C2W.

miketually
    Free Member

Company cycle to work scheme only allows purchases through Wheelies, and max £1,000. I've been thinking about a full susser for a while (mainly ride rigid ss) for cycling to work

Fixed it for you 😉

I_Ache
    Free Member

Looks bloody good for that price. Shock might be a little suspect but you will probably be able to get a better one off ebay. The rest of the build is pretty solid.

You might be able to bump up the fork travel to 130 with an all travel spacer.

40mpg

Thanks Miketually, although I cant imagine HMRC will track me down here?

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

40mpg – Member
    Thanks Miketually, although I cant imagine HMRC will track me down here?

They're everywhere.

nice bike though for the money – I'd go for it. maybe replace the fork once you've taken ownership of the bike.

incidentally, recent review actually rated the own brand giant shock as as good as the fox equivalent.

I'd get it.

chrisad3d
    Free Member

Hi,

I have had a trance x3 for about 6 months, it was first full sus bike, and it is absolutely great, I wouldn't have thought the spec on the x4 would make it any less of a bike.

Once you get the shock pressure correct for your weight the maestro system works really well.

I use mine for commuting all the time, and with a set of faster rolling tyres it works great as commuter, it really is an all rounder, I hack it round woods, long distance xc style, and commuting all on one bike!

Hope that helps make up your mind.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘C2W Full susser – is this any good?’ is closed to new replies.