Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • C2W and Halfords – can they get "any bike" in promotional price?
  • medoramas
    Free Member

They say they can get any bike from any UK retailer. What if there is a bike “on sale” in other store (in that case it’s Treadz)? Can they still get it with the promotional price?

Thanks!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Ring them and ask them?

Gary_M
    Free Member

As above give them a ring. Their C2W customer service people are very helpful.

The bike I wanted on the scheme was from a small UK company, they weren’t part of halfords scheme but a call to them and to the company got them added to the scheme within a few days.

bencooper
    Free Member

They can’t get any of my bikes.

carlosg
    Free Member

As far as I’m aware bike can only be obtained from other suppliers at their RRP , discounted bikes from Halfords can be had for the display price.
    I’m an idiot though so could be wrong.
    I picked up a Boardman fs team 650b on bike to work 4 weeks ago and swapped a few bits out straight away but the tyres are horrible on it so they’re next to go.

scotroutes

Given that small shops pay a 10 or 15% commission to C2W/Halfords for the privilege of supplying a bike to them then the chances are slim.

bencooper
    Free Member

Also what they do (or used to at least) was if they couldn’t get a bike through normal channels they’d just anonymously go into a shop and buy it, or persuade a dealer to sell one under the radar.

Both of which will probably mean you don’t have a warranty.

Given that small shops pay a 10 or 15% commission to C2W/Halfords for the privilege of supplying a bike to them then the chances are slim.

20%

benpinnick

Halfords wont actually get you a bike, they just sign up a dealer for your brand to arrange it via them. If your brand is already on their books with someone else then they’d likely send you their way. As mentioned the fees are super steep for the shops, hence why there is no realistic chance of getting a sale bike.

wiggles
    Free Member

Only RRP bikes from other shops usually.

MoreCashThanDash

The strict rules on C2W are maximum £1k and that is RRP – bike shops will sometimes ignore those restrictions……

…….unless your employer is HMRC, of course 🙄

scotroutes

Unless your employer has a Consumer Credit License

MoreCashThanDash

Which most don’t have, so for most mortals….

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘C2W and Halfords – can they get "any bike" in promotional price?’ is closed to new replies.