Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • C2w accessories only…
  • DT78
    Free Member

Friend was telling me that the c2w scheme can now be used just for accessories and there is no need to buy a bike? Is this the case, anyone used it as accessory only? My commuter from 2009 is still going strong, but I could do with replacing the drive, and get myself some new waterproofs, this could be a handy way to save some pennies

Bregante

I hadn’t heard about this but Google suggests he is right. Limited to safety kit though?

http://road.cc/content/news/77000-cycle-work-scheme-guidance-allow-accessories-only-packages

Hmmmm. Need some new wheels…. But not included 🙄

DT78
    Free Member

Yea just read that. Surely though it is not unreasonable to expect wheels and drive to potentially need replacing after a few years. My commute is full of potholes and the bike is on its second rear wheel ( bought outside of the scheme)

Hmmm, just had a look at a couple of the bigger online shops descriptions of c2w and don’t see any mention of not having to buy a bike

orena45

I recently did this. Got a waterproof jacket, gilet, SPD shoes, shorts and riding trousers.

Bike parts are not possible, as it’s limited to clothing and safety accessories…basically the same accessories you’re allowed when you do the full bike C2W scheme.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

If you have a decent relationship with your lbs, it shouldn’t be a problem tbh.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘C2w accessories only…’ is closed to new replies.