Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • c2w – 1k – hellfords
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

what the hell do i want. Reading the scheme details it looks like a good deal again this year compared to last and i fancy a new bike

want an audax type bike to take guards and rack with gears for when im feeling tired/lazy to take my fixed singlecross.

seen the tifosi audax but it has sora shifters and they are pish !

what is the rear spacing on a genisis day01 disk – i ave a rohloff i could use on it as my TD-1 is much better as SS – ideally would rather not have a CX bike but id make an exception to get my rohloff on it.

any ideas ?

druidh
    Free Member

Remember that many smaller shops can take Halfords vouchers. This may increase your options.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i am remembering that – i know in aberdeen alpine take em but no where else 🙁 – alpine have an even more limited choice by the looks of it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    LenHankie
    Free Member

Why Halfords? When I did the C2W scheme earlier this year, my voucher was for any shop who was happy to be part of the scheme.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

I’ve bought a couple of bikes through the scheme with Halfords and found in both cases they could get hold of most stuff.

The last one was a drop bar Cotic RoadRat which I think would take a Rohloff.

trail_rat
    Free Member

its the halfords run scheme

i know its shite – i used to sell through the nationwide cycle to work scheme in an independant.

but my hands are tied by company choice.

trail_rat
    Free Member

ooooh now your talking sproketjockey !

darrenm
    Free Member

See here. If they can’t get what you are after they can also let you know your local shops that will take the voucher. On both occasions I have spoken with them they have been very helpful. I got a charge plug a couple of years back and hoping to get my mitts on a cube road bike this time around.

trail_rat
    Free Member

mail sent to cotic – a roadrat with flatties would actually suit me to the ground.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

They’re great bikes, provided you’re not carrying anything too heavy on them (frame is a bit on the flexy side when heavily loaded). I loved mine and really regret selling it on, but after a move to Dartmoor it was one singlespeed too many, and I needed something more rugged so I replaced it with a geared Karate Monkey.

From memory I emailed Cotic and got them to confirm that they’d supply to Halfords and then just got the bloke in Halfords to ring them with the order when the vouchers came in. This was about 4 years back mind so things could have changed.

This was mine….sadly missed 🙁

smoothchicken

Recently got a Cotic X from Sprockett Cycles in Kilmarnock on the Halfords scheme. Halfords phone line were really helpful in sourcing alternative, nothing like their shops.

turtleheading
    Free Member

Halfords can order most bikes in for you, a mate got a very nice cube hard tail from there last year if i remember…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘c2w – 1k – hellfords’ is closed to new replies.