Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • C2C Roadie Routes.
  • HaydPD
    Free Member

A group of mates and I are talking about riding on roads from St Bees on the west coast across to Robin Hood’s Bay on the east coast.

The route is shaping up like St Bees – Rosthwaite – Grasmere – Patterdale – Kirkby Stephen – Osmotherley – Glaisdale – Robin Hood’s Bay.

I dont supose anyone has a GPX file of a similar route they could share?

Thanks

bikebouy
    Free Member

Have you tried looking at the Hadrians Wall NCN72 route? Look on Sustrans for NCNC72.

Fully signposted, GPX’d and narrated with it’s own Map Guide.. most of it on quiet roads/lanes and littered with cafe points and B&B’s etc. along the way.

Worth it, may save you huge amount of time planning.

midlifecrashes

Or alternatively (different, but still nice, unless your start finish points are fixed), the Way of the Roses, Morecambe to Bridlington. Nice route, and better start/finish for access to the rail network.

TomB

Rosthwaite-Grasmere-patterdale sounds odd, that is how the walkers/mtb coast to coast goes but isn’t logical by road. Through the lakes I’d go eskdale-hardknott-wrynose-Ambleside (or ferry hawkshead-bowness) then Kendal and out towards the dales through sedbergh. Google open cycling coast to coast in a day for this but, they start in Seascale but st bees is not far off.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I’m thinking about the Way of the Roses this year, what’s it like?
    Possible in one day, or will be better off taking it easy over two days?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘C2C Roadie Routes.’ is closed to new replies.