Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • C2C: just found out.. new bike advice needed.
  • johnikgriff
    Free Member

Just found out that they have reduced my max bike price on C2C from £1000 to £700, bottom. I was planning to get a Genesis IO ID. Guess I need to think again. Any recomendation for a £700 bike?

Its bike number 3 (SS and all mountain already in the garge). I was looking for a nice reliable hardtail for my mid week local stuff, on bridal ways etc, nothing technical. Just needs to be something that doesn’t need cleaning every week/month.

drinkmoreport
    Free Member

Charge Duster?

Or a Cross bike?

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Cough, Spech Rockhopper maybe?

johnikgriff
    Free Member

My SS is a charge duster, love it. But the duster MID is out my price range. One of the first places I looked…. 🙁 Rockhooper looks good for the money, but….. I know I shouldn’t moan, half price bike and all that, I just had my heart set on an IO ID. (Teddy fly’s across office and nestles in the corner)…..

takisawa2

Genesis Altitude 00 with a fork upgrade should be do-able at that price…?

DaddyPig
    Free Member

Without meaing to make things worse. I picked up my IO ID this weekend through cycle to work and its the bomb.. Sod the scheme and get the bike you want anyway.

drinkmoreport
    Free Member

Comencal Normal Disk?

freakcrab
    Free Member

C2C? Coast to coast?

james
    Free Member

Are you allowed to top it up at all? to get the IO ID

Else something similar (another SS would be a bit pointless though?) and then get an alfine wheel later?

DaddyPig
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure you cannot top it up as the bike belongs to your employer until the end of the 12 months payment period. Having said that I have heard of a few bike shops taking a deposit in advance that can be knocked off the total on collection, though this is not in the rules.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Last time I did it I was told you deffiantly could not top up. But I was allowed to use the 15% extra I got (free) for accessories to put towards it (i.e. so it is still 100% owned by my employeer). Although they said it was a one off as they had messed up with the bike I ordered, they could no longer actually get the one I specificed.

Think I’ll wait until the voucher is sorted (its through halfords), then go and see if I have any wiggle room.

DaddyPig
    Free Member

The boardman looks a good bet if your stuck with halfords. Good luck with whatever you get. New bikes are always great!!

Cooroo
    Free Member

C2W?

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Firtunatly your not stuck with the halfords bikes, they can get you what ever you want (or not as happened to me last time). Sure I’ll get something that suits, was just a bit pissed when I found out this morning.

yeh sorry it should be C2W not C2C

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘C2C: just found out.. new bike advice needed.’ is closed to new replies.