Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bynack Mor
  • BigR

Hi, planning on cycling from Aviemore to Braemar. Anyone know if it is possible to cycle down the south side of Bynack Mor rather than going round the shoulder. Thanks

Kunstler

Not done it but I’d also be interested to know if it’s a goer. There was a video on YouTube of some guys using that route as an ascent then came down towards Ryvoan. The path improvements around the shoulder don’t make for incredibly flowy riding but if that descent was good then I probably would have heard more about it. Visit Bothy Bikes in Aviemore for really good route advice.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Assuming the terrain is as per the north side which I did a couple of weeks ago, possibly yes but I would guess not particularly pleasant. Very steep with plenty of little holes and hidden rocks that could make it OTB central.

Agree that Dave at Bothy Bikes is your man

BigR

Thanks, will pop into Bothy Bikes and if we give it a go will let you know how we get on.

balfa
    Free Member

Can’t help you too much but I had been looking at an alternative to the bynack shoulder route recently too. I thought it might be work by going up through the ski centre to the Ptarmigan then descending down to the saddle through the ciste Mhrearad. From the saddle then onto the Fords of Avon. Climb is doable all the way on a decent track and the descent is marked up as a path on the 1:25K maps. No idea what it would be like as descent though. Keen to find out.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bynack Mor’ is closed to new replies.