Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Bye for now…
  • rocketman
    Free Member

Mrs rocket likes Ikea. Takes the kids & comes back with a kitchen tidy or something, I go for a bike ride

Win-win

andyl
    Free Member

I like ikea 😳

I get very cheap cookwear which is great for use in the lab. eg the 80p glass plate is perfect for putting on resin/solvent scales to protect them from drips and the pyrex baking dishes make good trays to use in the fume cabinet.

I also dont mind dunelm mill. Useful for things that are hard to find elsewhere 😳

somafunk

Is it usual for there to be such a large number proportion of pregnant women in there?

Most of them were unattached and single when they went

and

has to be 100 times better than going to Dunhelm mill

This is like comparing a post phall shit with picolax. Neither is going to be fun.

The above just makes me feel if i’m missing out on something?, i drove past a Dunhelm Mill in Dumfries once – it looked like a post apocalyptic 50% off panoramic scene from a bad B-Movie.

thebrowndog
    Free Member

You need to be assertive and get your women under control. Just say No! in a firm tone of voice.

Ever tried that tactic with your mother? Mine came over from Aussie for a visit and on day two insisted on visiting Ikea. She spent £40 (which is like a million Aussie dollars or something) on a few bits and pieces. We. Were. There. For. Four. Hours.

MrOvershoot

You know that Furkantig means “square” in Swedish to describe the candles that you have on your altar. And above it? The raddest picture of Euronymous ever. Seriously, you scare children and their parents alike, all while wowing them with your design sense. Please check out our agency site. We’d be honored.

Until the light takes us, Your friends at Gatesman+Dave.

OK I’ve never bought anything from Ikea & have no desire to do so now! Oh and my wife is of the same opinion if only because she has a design degree in printed fabrics so has some very rigid opinions 😮

athgray
    Free Member

If you take a shortcut in Ikea, you find it does not take you where you thought it would. When you realize your mistake and retrace your steps you don’t end up back where you were.

emsz
    Free Member

I like wandering round Ikea taking photos, just for ideas. The comp is to see how long it takes the store manager to find you. hiding in the giant plants is cheating btw.

Also, playing bogie in ikea passes the time quite effectively.

mum refuses to take me or dad now.

You just have to know how to play, boys

somafunk

If you take a shortcut in Ikea, you find it does not take you where you thought it would. When you realize your mistake and retrace your steps you don’t end up back where you were.

Right….I’m sold on the concept – it’s a time travelling, conciseness bending experience that leaves you bewildered and missing the last 4hrs of your life whilst opening up the pandora’s box of questioning your own existence?, , sounds like a **** plan to me………that sounds way better than the 3 microdot challenge we used to play.

As it’s now mushroom season perhaps a trip to ikea after brewing up 500 shrooms could lead to an excellent adventure… 😀 or a weekend in the cells…….. 🙁

epicyclo

Don’t like IKEA.

Their toilets don’t flush and they’re out in the open. 😈

garage-dweller

^^^ actually I think you will find that that is b and q or bath store.

simonhbacon
    Free Member

Impatient persons guide to purchasing from Ikea.

1.Know what you want before leaving the house.
    Find the item on the website and make a note of the exact name.

2.Go straight to the tills.
    Follow the signs for the food store. (Important: this is not the same as the restaurant.)

3.Make sure that the check out queues aren’t too long. Be prepared to abandon the quest at this point.

4. Go into the store, past the tills. Yes this is the exit, but conventional thinking is not your friend in Ikea.

5. Find a terminal.
    You are now in the warehouse area and the place is littered with them.

6. Look up the item name you noted earlier.
    You did remember to write it down, didn’t you?

7. Locate item, pay and exit as usual.

My record for successful shopping in Ikea is less than 15 minutes.

Squidlord
    Free Member

^ This. They don’t like it though.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Bye for now…’ is closed to new replies.