Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Bye Ellie….. you've been great.
  • bigsi
    Free Member

Always horrible to hear.

I dread the day its me posting one of these threads 😥

retrogirl
    Free Member

Sad news sending hugs xx

busydog
    Free Member

That has to be one of the hardest steps to take there is. Take comfort in knowing it’s the right thing to do and in remembering all the great times and unequivocal love she gave to you over those many years.

racefaceec90

sorry to hear that sharkbait 🙁 .if it’s any comfort she will not be feeling any pain anymore.as others have said,you have done the right thing.

Dylan08
    Free Member

RIP Ellie ..

singlecrack
    Free Member

Rip Ellie

but you will have your hands full with that little Black tornado I think

Dreading the day we have to say goodbye to our springer but hopefully it will be a while yet …..

16 years though well done Ellie

sunshiner1der
    Free Member

I’m sat here with my year old springer beside me, hoping she gets the innings that Ellie has. She sounds like a fantastic dog, with a owner who truly cares. Still sorry to hear the sad news. RIP Ellie.

soops
    Free Member

My thoughts are with you mate!

Wookster

Oh mate that’s awful. I’ve done it and it broke my heart. You did the best and kindest thing mate.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Aw crap, thats crap. Good innings though. RIP Ellie. Our “ridgie” has only just turned two and I’m dreading the day when I walk into the vets with Rogue on his lead but walk out with just a lead 🙁

doglover
    Free Member

Rest in peace lovely doggie.

goon
    Free Member

Sad news, and a terrible time for you. Losing a dog is very hard, it’s a different quality of friendship to that we have with other humans.

We went through this almost exactly five years ago. Ali was terrified of the vets so we called ours out when the lad had had enough. He died in his bed with no anxiety or fear. I consoled myself with the thought it was the ultimate and least selfish gift of kindness I could give him.

Lovely photo of Ellie. If your day is anything like ours was you are now a bit drunk, alternately laughing and crying at your memories of a well-loved dog.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

alternately laughing and crying at your memories of a well-loved dog.

I do that often when I think of Fred. He was the best friend I could ever have had, and I miss him. However, when it was time for him to go, I had to let it happen. He had lost the dignity of life and it was time.

Ellie looks like a cracking hound, who had a cracking life. Good for you both.

sharkbait
    Free Member

In thought this thread would have finished ages ago. Just put Jasmine (the youngster) to bed in the stable – first time in 16 years I’ve not put Ellie in…. 16 years, doesn’t it go so quick?
    Thanks for all the messages, they really have helped. We’re happy in that it was the right thing to do but that knowledge can’t fill the void left by a family member.
    Will take Jas for an extra long walk tomorrow and start again.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Sorry dude, but it is the kindest thing you can do 🙁 When you think of her think of the good times 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

terribly sorry to hear that, they are the bestest friends you can have. Just be thankful you could help her when it mattered.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Bye Ellie….. you've been great.’ is closed to new replies.