Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bye bye singlespeed
  • rascal
    Free Member

After dabbling with SS on and off for a few years, I’ve finally come to the conclusion that I’m not man enough for it. I know the hardcore SS fanatics will think I’m a wimp, but went out today in horrendous mud and really could have done with the ability to actually change gear.
    So it’s back to the Meta and farewell to the Stumpy…it’s just gone on the For Sale forum if anyone fancies a pop at SS 😉

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

😆

If you’re not a single speeder now, you never were. 👿

tomhoward

Best advert yet?

rOcKeTdOg

but went out today in horrendous mud and really could have done with the ability to actually change gear.

i was riding in similar but i was so glad i couldn’t hear the sound of expensive components grinding into paste as i was on a SS, perfect tool for the winter

takisawa2

[bike forum echoes to raucious clicking onto for sale forum…]

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Singlespeed is ‘the’ mud tool. Mines cost a set of pads this winter, which is cheaper than suspension bushes, sram mechs, chains, cassettes and the like from fellow riders.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

[bike forum echoes to raucious clicking onto for sale forum…]

Was disappointed 🙁

Kryton57

I’ve gone the other way.

My full suss is in the shed with cobwebs on.

fontmoss
    Free Member

i was riding in similar but i was so glad i couldn’t hear the sound of expensive components grinding into paste as i was on a SS, perfect tool for the winter

That’s what I was thinking? Slogged in mud today, fitness I had over Christmas wiped out by finals revision. That said I still enjoyed it 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bye bye singlespeed’ is closed to new replies.