Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Bye bye Peaty
  • BoardinBob

they really have made a bit of an arse of the coverage all season.

they don’t start broadcasting until after the women’s race is finished. Been caught out a couple of times this season by that, and accidentally seeing the result online before their broadcast start

That is if they can even get the broadcast to work, which on several occasions this year, they’ve failed to do

I also think they’ve put the shackles on Rob Warner. Far too corporate and polished compared to the old freecaster days when he could say what he wanted and was far more entertaining.

Then to top it off, not even a glimpse of Peaty in the weekends footage

very poor overall and I wouldn’t be bothered in the slightest if they FRO and hand the coverage over to someone else.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Talking of the red bull coverage, trying to watch the replay of Saturdays DH action and player doesn’t seem to have any controls e.g. fast forward, full screen etc?
    http://www.redbull.tv/live/AP-1KR6GZPP11W11/segment/AP-1KV9D5X9S2111/uci-mountain-bike-world-cup?autostart=1

Annoying thing is I’ve seen the results already in searching the site for a better link.

AlexSimon

Hmm – Stevet1 – that link has a full timebar and fullscreen for me.
    (Firefox or Chrome on Windows 10)

That’s the location I watched it from yesterday.

Stevet1
    Free Member

So you can select a section and jump to it? I have the timelines with the ever annoying race times that I have to avoid looking at, but if I select one it does nowt.
    Edit – tried the link in Chrome and it works, so will use that.
    Cheers.

AlexSimon

It could be down to the flash plugin.
    I block flash, so it serves the HTML5 version. Perhaps you’re seeing a different version in each browser.

antennae
    Free Member

they don’t start broadcasting until after the women’s race is finished

So you have to avoid social media and live timing for a whole hour, at most?

That is if they can even get the broadcast to work, which on several occasions this year, they’ve failed to do

Just for contrast, I’ve watched it perfectly well halfway up an Alp on 3G, on my laptop on shitty hotel wifi, and in my house on a standard ADSL connection streamed flawlessly to my massive TV with the Redbull app. How slow is your t’internet?!

I also think they’ve put the shackles on Rob Warner. Far too corporate and polished compared to the old freecaster days when he could say what he wanted and was far more entertaining.

Yeah, but now you can sit down and watch it with your family or folks who aren’t hardcore fans. They show the track, explain a few things… these changes are designed for people who are new to the sport. Have a few beers and add your own sweary commentary.

very poor overall and I wouldn’t be bothered in the slightest if they FRO and hand the coverage over to someone else.

IT IS FREE.

Who else is going to do coverage to that standard for free?

Freecaster was frequently awful. Feed broke halfway through or didn’t work at all. Replay appeared late, sometimes never. There were a handful of cameras on track at best.

I can agree on Peaty though – would have liked to have seen that. But I suspect UCI broadcasting rules were to blame there, not Redbull…

plecostomus
    Free Member

@darkside heard it from the circles I frequent!

lardman
    Free Member

Redbull broadcast stuff is not getting the cash/profit/sponsorship it needs to keep running for loads longer in it’s current format. They’re not putting any cash or resource into this ATM.

‘from someone i know of who works at Redbull….’

dannyh
    Free Member

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LyeXF7cdvJs[/video]

Legend. Everyone in 09 was chuffed for him, even Greg Minnaar who lost out by about a tyre width.

Combine his latter glory years with uncensored Warner on Freecaster and you have officially reached 11 on the awesome-o-meter.

“He’s done more for mountain biking than Osama Bin Laden has done for terrorism”. 😆

Chuckle.

nickc

Got to agree with antenna, I’ve found the coverage excellent, no trouble casting it to telly, happy that Rob has had to turn the swearing down a bit. And it’s free. What’s to complain about.

I reckon Ratboy is going to leave the syndicate, he’s been cruising last few races, I don’t think his hearts in it. Hopefully he’ll have sorted out a new team, perhaps orange? 😆

plecostomus
    Free Member

Won’t be orange they don’t and won’t be having a factory team

dannyh
    Free Member

I reckon Ratboy is going to leave the syndicate, he’s been cruising last few races, I don’t think his hearts in it. Hopefully he’ll have sorted out a new team, perhaps orange?

Pissing about taking a bow for the crowd after his second get-off on the way down. Saying it was great fun at the bottom despite crashing twice. Binning it in quali/practice doing ‘whips’.

You reckon he’s off?

nickc

Just call me mystic meg 😆

mahalo

Anyone see Wynn TV live from the pits on FB earlier?

I’m sure Rat said he’d still be racing next year!? But reading between the lines I’d say the Syndicate team may be no more…

thepodge
    Free Member

Greg said there would be some big changes in the team at the end of the latest this is video, they’ve always been an oddly assembled team so I wonder if the new owners want it a bit more classically structured.

BoardinBob

Pretty amazing

https://www.rootsandrain.com/u/peaty/results/?series=603

After 23 years at the highest level, in his final season he still managed to average 7% off the pace of the race winner.

The word legend is rarely justified but it’s more than deserved in his case

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Bye bye Peaty’ is closed to new replies.