Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Bye bye Fat Pat
  • imnotverygood
    benslow
    Free Member

Hurray …. (took them long enough …)

molgrips
    Free Member

So, what happens now?

imnotverygood

Ideally the whole truth will out & he will wind up doing some time, but I’m not holding my breath on that one.

pondo

Flippin brilliant – thought it was all going to go wrong after the machinations of this morning. Fresh start, anyone…?

stevious

FREE BIKES FOR EVERYONE NOW

mikemorini
    Free Member

Shredders in UCI headquaters go into overtime getting rid of the evidence (if not done already)

WackoAK
    Free Member

in a bizarre move, even lala is happy.. linkage

portlyone

Wonder if the 18 who voted against will be under suspicion? 😉

pondo

So when does Pat do his Oprah interview?

Nobby

Fresh start, anyone…?

I do hope so but, as has been said already, the sport needs to put the truth out there to draw a line under it & start again. If not, then it’ll be a long, long road back to credibility.

portlyone

Somewhere out there, the Ewoks are partying hard…

pondo

I do hope so but, as has been said already, the sport needs to put the truth out there to draw a line under it & start again. If not, then it’ll be a long, long road back to credibility.

Yeah, for sure – but Cookson’s the man for that job, if anyone is.

MSP

Is he?

I don’t really know about the UCI’s governance enough to be definite, and he is more likely to create change than uncle pat, but I thought he was already member of the inner sanctum.

I mean I really hope he does usher in a new era of openness and honesty, but I do have a small nagging doubt that he is just one of the old guard masquerading as change.

Nobby

Well his main ‘pledge’ has been to make the anti-doping agency completely separate from the UCI and this alone should impact on any that still think they can get away with it.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I mean I really hope he does usher in a new era of openness and honesty, but I do have a small nagging doubt that he is just one of the old guard masquerading as change.

Worth reading Vaughters piece in cycling news on Cookson. Apparently he was the only one from the UCI management committee to phone USADA and ask what he could do to support them.

MSP

Well his main ‘pledge’ has been to make the anti-doping agency completely separate from the UCI and this alone should impact on any that still think they can get away with it.

Whoever was in charge, had to act on anti doping due to public scrutiny. In many ways it is a smart politicol move as it gives the UCI complete deniability from any new doping scandals, while allowing all the other corruption to go on unchecked. I don’t really see that, in itself, as sorting out the core values at the top of the organisation.

jfletch
    Free Member

In many ways it is a smart politicol move as it gives the UCI complete deniability from any new doping scandals, while allowing all the other corruption to go on unchecked. I don’t really see that, in itself, as sorting out the core values at the top of the organisation.

Nah – Its is still the job of the UCI to promte, incentivise and drive clean cycling. It just won’t be their job to police it.

They will still have failed if cycling isn’t clean, they just won’t be able to make it appear clean by covering up tests and being slack. They will actually have to do their job properly.

BermBandit
    Free Member

I mean I really hope he does usher in a new era of openness and honesty, but I do have a small nagging doubt that he is just one of the old guard masquerading as change

Obviously his track record at BC supports that supposition doesn’t it? Taking a bankrupt organisation and turning it into one of the worlds finest and most successful sport governing bodies really isn’t any sort of guarantee thats hes not firmly rooted in the bad old days now is it?

wwaswas

Bye bye Fat Pat

Good to see body shape still be used as an insult on stw. 🙄

I thought that had stopped.

MSP

Obviously his track record at BC supports that supposition doesn’t it? Taking a bankrupt organisation and turning it into one of the worlds finest and most successful sport governing bodies really isn’t any sort of guarantee thats hes not firmly rooted in the bad old days now is it?

Well making an organisation successful, isn’t the same as making it honest and inclusive.

I am by no means condemning the man, just sounding a word of warning to not start penning songs to his greatness until we actually see what he does.

imnotverygood

Bye bye Fat Pat

Good to see body shape still be used as an insult on stw.

I thought that had stopped.

No, his full name is Fatima Patrick McQuaid. That’s why he’s known as Fat Pat

BermBandit
    Free Member

Well making an organisation successful, isn’t the same as making it honest and inclusive

Actually I think you’ll find that thats is a large part of what he has done to make BC successful.

chakaping
    Free Member

Good news, but surprised the vote was so close. Was it an open ballot (ie. not secret)?

Bye bye Fat Pat

Good to see body shape still be used as an insult on stw.

Isn’t this more of a play on “fat cat”?

FuzzyWuzzy

Woohoo, I’ll be having a drink to Pat’s demise tonight…

bikebouy
    Free Member

UCI Headquarters in blown up shredders & data corruption shokka 😆

imnotverygood

Isn’t this more of a play on “fat cat”?

I always thought so, but I don’t want to spoil anyone’s sense of outrage.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Bye bye Fat Pat’ is closed to new replies.