Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Bye bye dusty trails
  • Just getting back into biking now my jaw is fixed, had a lovely dusty ride on Thursday. Got a completely free day today and the sodding rain hasn’t stopped for a second here in Derbyshire! Yeah, yeah, skin’s waterproof etc, but no thanks… 😡

Quite possibly the most pointless post of the day, but just fancied sharing my annoyance.

Anyone else a bit pissed off?

munrobiker
    Free Member

I am, cracking ride on trails we ride all the time in the dust last night but I’d planned a weekend riding big mountains in the Lakes for my birthday.

Gale force winds, zero percent chance of a cloud free summit and pissing rain have cancelled that so now I’m, apparently, going to Lesbian Vampire Cabaret in Hebden Bridge instead.

jam-bo

Rained all morning here but howling westerlies mean it’ll dry out pretty quick.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Evans Ride-It for tomorrow has been cancelled due to wind and rain 🙁

I booked three at the start of the year and missed one ill the next because it clashed with the Big Dog and now the third is rained off 🙁 🙁

simmy
    Free Member

Yep, day off as well and there is no way I’m going out in this rain. Not stopped all day.

Just been to the tip with some old wardrobes and I took an old towel with me to dry my hair when I got back into the van. I was soaked. Even the goretex is not standing up to this.

jonjones262
    Free Member

I know what you mean! I was putting off going out riding round Black Rocks/Riber last night. So glad i did get out, the tracks were amazingly dry and dusty.

Even the cows at Black Rocks had cleared off somewhere else! 🙂

I know what you mean! I was putting off going out riding round Black Rocks/Riber last night. So glad i did get out, the tracks were amazingly dry and dusty.

Even the cows at Black Rocks had cleared off somewhere else!

Were you out with munrobiker ^^ and the DORK lot?

alishand

Ditto. I had an amazing ride round Cambusbarron the other night – lovely weather, no wind, with trails that had retained just a hint of moisture (you know, that proper tacky hero dirt kind of stuff). It was excellent!

So much so that it inspired me to organise a ride up our big hill, Dumyat, for this weekend with some friends from Edinburgh. The sodding rain has ruined that idea completely – it will be a total bog by this time tomorrow. 👿

epicsteve
    Free Member

Fortunately they Pentlands aren’t too bad when it’s wet so I’m thinking I’ll head up there later. Quite looking forward to getting muddy in fact!

molgrips
    Free Member

Forecast is nice again next week – keep the faith 🙂

munrobiker
    Free Member

Jonjones, were you out on a Shan last night?

iainc

First day back tomorrow after summer shutdown for the kids with Glasgow Riderz…. they are going to get wet !

onandon
    Free Member

Sorry misread the title.
    Though you said busty snails.

bikebouy
    Free Member

It’s been bloody lovely and hot and dry for weeks and weeks now. The CXers been covered in dust for about 4weeks, still looks clean underneath a fine layer of Hampshire chalk.

But you are right, very strong winds forecast for the weekend so we’ve cancelled all sailing at the Club which means we’ll all be out windsurfing !!!

Yay!

jonjones262
    Free Member

“Were you out with munrobiker ^^ and the DORK lot?”

Nope, I was out on my own. Was that the massive group of riders who went up round Black Rocks?

If so, I saw them all. And they saw me unscrew my valve after pumping my tyre up….and then pump the whole thing up again! 🙁

“Jonjones, were you out on a Shan last night?”

Yep 🙂 that was me.

jekkyl

been viewing the rain all day through the office window and I finish at 6. The weather is forecast to get better after 7pm, in fact full sun and 18 degrees by 8pm, so I may have to take the bike out this evening, wife’s face allowing. 😕

munrobiker
    Free Member

Jonjones, I was on the fluoro yellow Commencal chasing you through Lea Bridge. Feel free to get in touch for a ride, either with me or the group.

jekkyl

it was raining when I got home 🙁 so now I’m watching the 2nd twilight movie with the wife drinking Stella, so it’s not all bad. 😐

senorj

I’m a little smug,flyer from work and a few hours spent playing in Epping forest.
    Listening to the rain under the foliage. Lovely.
    Still dry. 🙂

darrenspink
    Free Member

Be dry again soon, don’t worry.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

It is what it is.

MTFU.

Ambrose

It is dry here in Morzine at the moment. Tomorrow might be a bit biblical though. Any suggestions for a good day out in Geneva?

davosaurusrex

I swerved going out last night, feel like I should have gone riding as it was so dry and dusty. But we need a bit of rain and I had a lovely evening with the missus so can’t complain!

scandal42
    Free Member

Nice n grippy now.

Contemplating cannock in the morning, always good when the weather is rubbish

jekkyl

Scandal Cannock is shit in the wet, the puddles really slow you down and it’s just rubbish!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Artist I’ve just been for a walk up the fast campsite run at the back of birchwood farm with the dog. It’s surprisingly dry still. However just got back in the tent and its pissing down again. Hope it clears in a bit as me and the lad were hoping to session the loamy run in the woods all afternoon 🙄

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Trying to decide how wet it is going to get this morning……some big black clouds not far away. Perhaps I should save a ride untilw tomorrow when forecast is better? Or just get wet….

wrightyson – when are you going to meet up for a Thursaday night ride with the lads? If you are on Facebook, I can add you to the group

scandal42
    Free Member

Just going to have an hour in the local woods now.

Looking forward to getting filthy 🙂

sime46
    Free Member

I was out around Chesterfield last night. It was moist and slippy and got dark very quickly. Loved it so much tho and didn’t drown. Sun was beating down solidly for a couple of hours. Opportunity grabbed and totally enjoyed. Sod it, I’m even going out later today too. I must be mad or something????!

I might go out later, or tomorrow – don’t mind it being damp, just cannot motivate myself to set off out when it’s tipping down

teasel
    Free Member

Went out for a woodland blast last Wednesday before yesterday’s rain. It was little too hard, if I’m honest. It needed a bit of moisture.

Weirdly, there was still a large patch of sticky mud on one stretch despite being surrounded by endless concrete footpaths ‘hardpack’ trails.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Yeah I’m on Facebook artist. What’s the group called I’ll request a join and get out with you lot. Gonna get the kids geared up in a bit and head out. Looks like we’re stopping up here again tonight so I’m gonna do a loop on my own up to black rocks also. The wind is doing a great job of keeping from being total bog!

matt_outandabout

Wheels slipping and sliding in this mornings mud around Dunblane. It felt like autumn was trying 😕

Yeah I’m on Facebook artist. What’s the group called I’ll request a join and get out with you lot.

Not sure if the link will work without checking privacy settings, but have a go…

DORK MTB

jam-bo

Rained all morning here but howling westerlies mean it’ll dry out pretty quick.

I may have overestimated the drying effect of the wind.

Drifttttttttyyyyyyyy

deadkenny
    Free Member

Awesome. About time. Too dusty now. A few close moments near to losing it and just with a little damping down it would be perfect.

jekkyl

Sunday looks to be much much better. We’re heading over to Matlock Bath and forecast is 19 degrees and sunny in the afternoon.

Sunday looks to be much much better. We’re heading over to Matlock Bath

Hahahaha

Sunday and Matlock Bath in the same sentence. You must be mad 😉

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Awesome. About time. Too dusty now. A few close moments near to losing it and just with a little damping down it would be perfect.

Agreed. Almost lost it on fast flat turns last week. Can’t make my mind up re today. Being idle so far watching AUs v NZ

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Bye bye dusty trails’ is closed to new replies.