Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • By the beard of Zeus it's the weekly Pentlands Chaos Theory Wed Night ride!
  • ojom
    Free Member

TJ will be disciplined.

druidh
    Free Member

My fault – I normally make sure I am last down but I was enjoying the descent too much.

13thfloormonk

Househusband, I was getting worried, last time I rode with you and you had chain related mishaps, I ended up being ‘clown’ for the day and taking about five bails in front/on top of everyone else.

Northwind, sorry about that! Poor show all round. I think the headcounts got a bit confused and I wasn’t even sure who’d gone where at the top of the hill.

coastkid
    Free Member

great ride guys…
    Andrew (HH) i did hear your epic swear behind then feared the worse…sorry you had to pull out 🙁
    Andrew (NW) guess everyone to blame as none of us including me did a head count after the split…
    only one pic this week im afraid…

after Castlelaw it was a great descent back,thanks Ian for the woodland trails around dreghorn…that was ace!
    see all those who can make it to East Lothian on Sunday 😮
    ride details here…

Northwind

No worries, it’s not a school trip 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Shine a light Sorry northwind! I wuz told we had everyone. Apologies that is bad form

13thfloormonk

Nah, equal credit to TJ for those ones, I hadn’t a clue where I was half the time!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

That was grand, thoroughly enjoyed that.

coastkid
    Free Member

also forgot to give credit to Sharky for cleaning the climb up Castlelaw on the SS…well done mate! 😮

robgarrioch

O yes, another tip-top TBC rideout with faces old & new; it would seem a bad night to be called Andrew – HH better luck next time, NW big apologies & hope it doesn’t happen to me (the abandoning, that is). And, yes, much ‘not worthy’ motions to the SSpeed army.

(Shane showing his caring side…)

(Photopage)

My poser of the night – I don’t recall passing over / under the bypass again around Dreghorn, where was that?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Rob – on the road agfter dreghorn we went over it just before disappearing into the woods again

sharki
    Free Member

Once again, lovely to meet more bodies.

I too hadn’t a clue where i was going, so thanks to everyone for the cool little loop.

Shame about Andys chain fail, i had one of those on my first TBC ride.

NW, we did fail to do a head count, so can only echo the sorrys.

Loved the cheeky woodland trails, but didn’t enjoy shoulder checking the tree, no harm down though.

See some of you sat or sun.

Thanks again all for a good ole night out.

Oh! Cheers Bruce for the comment and to Rob for the company up top. 😉

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Splitters! Then sub-splitters 🙂 FFS it’s worse than the Life of Brian clip. No wonder someone got left behind.

Hope Tom’s(?) wrist on the Orange is ok.

I’m fecked. And apologies to those that had to follow my wimpering ass on the downs.

Still a real nice evening out – especially the latter parts.

Northwind

Heh. If it’s any consolation chaps, I’d probably have left me behind too :mrgreen: Had no idea at all how many people were still with us myself. But we’ll have to get over to those trails I missed some other night, I don’t know that end of the hills at all.

Kit
    Free Member

sorry you had to pull out

I was sorry he had to pull out too… Oh, you mean from the ride? *pulls pants back up* yeah, that ‘n all.

We 4 had a braw run back into town, including some urban trails in Colinton 😉

debaser

Damn, sorry northwind, we really should have done another headcount after the split 😳

Cracking ride despite my legs and lungs not complying on even the slightest incline. Most gracious of you all to wait for the wheezy mess attempting to get up the Castlelaw climb way behind you 🙂 Thankfully the descents made up for the pain.

Unlucky Househusband. I really couldn’t believe it when your chain went a second time. Top swearing points though, I think everyone in the Pentlands heard your cry.

Always good to meet new folk too, even if I could hardly raise the breath for chat and when I did I spouted total bollocks anyway.

sharki
    Free Member

Debaser, i think i heard your voice fine when you offered me sweeties(i think it was you )i nearly lost them as i tried to chew them on that last little bit of the castlelaw climb.

Thanks for the sweets and the also to the suppliers of the whiskey.

I think i’ll be dreaming about the final grassy descent down to Dreghorn, i’ve never experienced such a silent ride, no noise from the bike, no wind, no noise under tyre, very surreal.

debaser

aye sharky, that was me. Those tangfantastics may have saved me. I must eat more food before i come out next time.

good effort on the SS btw, Castlelaw is quite a climb.

coastkid
    Free Member

one things for sure..i bet everyone will be off to work with that big silly grin tomorrow :mrgreen: – except HH who is on holiday 😮

druidh
    Free Member

Not me.

Wednesday = Friday 😉

ck – would a “hybrid” be ok for Sunday?

coastkid
    Free Member

hybrid would be fine druidh as no mud…some hardpack ST, dirt landy tracks and trails and grassy paths,theres a bit of a bumpy trail (JMW) above the coast back to longniddry but you could if you want ride alongside on the coastroad…
    i have done all the route on my semi slick commuter so yeah a hybrid will be Ok 😮

sharki
    Free Member

Tangtastics i think have saved many a struggling rider over the years.

Looking forward to sunday now, as for work tomorrow,i might go in and do 3 or 4 hrs.;)

robgarrioch

I don’t recall passing over / under the bypass again around Dreghorn

Ahhh, just realised this was my fatigue-ravaged brain thinking we’d crossed back over the bypass after Dreghorn services; going to have to do them woods in the daylight, can’t appreciate how we spent so much time in there, yet Bruce & I popped back out onto the ‘polo field’ at Bonaly… ❓ Weird time-lapse tardis thing going on

mustard
    Free Member

Cheers for the guiding light providers on the splitters group (Jamie?) and kit. Oh and Mark for the lights in the first place.

The Colinton run was sweet, never knew those steps were there! I nearly went for a swim from the viaduct on my way along the canal, a strobe isn’t the best to see by

Will have some lights of my own by next week, hopefully.

Should be up for a jar on Sat Mark and possibly East Lothian on Sun if the misses is working.

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘By the beard of Zeus it's the weekly Pentlands Chaos Theory Wed Night ride!’ is closed to new replies.