Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • By jove. She’s got it!! (potentially nauseating proud father content)
  • binners

Baby Binners number one finally plucked up courage to take off her stablisers yesterday. So, anticipating a similar sense of balance to her dad, we got her all padded up. It wasn’t neccessary. She had it sussed in five minutes. Unlike her dad, she then went on to scoot around all day without falling off/riding into trees/cutting the ride short and going to the pub

Here we are ready for the off

Some last minute words of instruction from the boss

And she’s off!

I’ll teach her to fall off yet! 🙂

househusband

Yay – well done!

(Just keep her on bikes and away from horses.)

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Nice one Binners!

Now, the next step is to teach her that the pub is integral to every bike ride…

Junkyard
    Free Member

good of you to lend her your pads and helmet

my son got his balance bike went about 5 metres then crashed deliberately…looked up at me and said Daddy look I am like you I crashed

Well done you …if only I could teach the lazy so and so to pedal!!!

johni
    Free Member

Good work, where can I get some of those tassles? Do CRC sell them?

matt_outandabout

whooooop!

Soup
    Free Member

Good work. When is she going to start on this forum then? Happy days.

Sandwich

It is as I suspected with Sandwich child 1, pink bikes with tassles are standard issue. Girls are hardwired at that age to like pink things. Thankfully they grow out of it and if unlucky they become Goths (or Emos if you’re strict and don’t allow black hair and iffy make-up).

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Halfords sell the tassles

binners

I’m still literally gob-smacked at how quickly she picked it up. It was instantaneously. Anyone who’s ever ridden with me/pulled me out of a ditch will question whether those genes could have come from me.

Look – she’s got two fingers covering the brake, she’s looking in front of her. Already more adept than me!!!

Fozlett

Nice one there binners! Just 5 minutes you say? Well there’s hope for my 5 year old then – mind you, if she’s anything like her dad, I have a funny feeling it will take her somewhat longer to get it dialled!!!!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

good of you to lend her your pads and helmet

I thought they were Hora’s, no?

IHN

I’m reminded of a phrase I once heard:

“Singlespeeds are like kids. Those who have ’em, love ’em, everyone else wishes they’d shut the f*ck up about them”

Only joking, good work fella. So she’s naturally skilled eh? I don’t suppose the postman is an ex trials rider is he 😉

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

there’s hope for my 5 year old then

my daughter is 9, 10 this year, i still can’t get her to ride a bike. she wants to, and has very good balance, but she is too afraid to make the leap.

my lad on the other hand has ridden since he was 3, i think he did 1 or 2 short rides with stabilizers then wanted them off. took 5 mins to get him going – teh sucess no doubt down to the lidle likeabike that he had raced around on for about a year previuos.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

so now you’ll not have to squeeze both of them into that trailer any more…

good work there, bb1.

waihiboy
    Free Member

mental, well done!

never forget the day i took the leap of faith, dad let go of me and i thought he was still behind me, i looked behind saw he wasnt there freaked out , fell off and have a nice 3 inch scar on my chin to prove it!!

stumpy01

waihiboy – 3 inch scar on your chin! Man, that’s a big chin! 😉

binners…congrats on the sans stabilisers action! Even with the pressure of a camera, she didn’t come off!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘By jove. She’s got it!! (potentially nauseating proud father content)’ is closed to new replies.