Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • By god, you are one ugly ****
  • loddrik
    Free Member

I mean, the X6 is bad enough, but after seeing a couple of these on the roads…

binners

jools182
    Free Member

They’ll do well in Cheshire

LoCo
    Free Member

Though it was a Renault to begin with, ‘Performance offroaders’ 🙄

ahwiles
    Free Member

big, ugly, expensive, vulgar, branded.

they won’t be able to make them fast enough.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

As someone who has no interest in cars whatsoever, that looks just like a million and one other cars to me – and anyway, aren’t all cars ugly??

onewheelgood

I drove up behind one of those last week and I was actually sick*.

It’s like they looked at the X6 and asked their designers to make something that looked even more unpleasant.

* This might not really be true.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

In a world where this exists, that’s a stunner.

wilko1999
    Free Member

There’s some unpleasant looking motors on the road these days for sure *

* I’ve got one

jimw
    Free Member

Am I the only person in the world who thinks LR Evokes are gopping? Especially in white

Probably considering the sales success but I just find them so, so, …….oh I don’t know, ‘vulgar’ perhaps describes the creases, surfacing details, the tiny rear window, the way the bonnet meets the wings, the gratuitous chrome…..

SiB
    Free Member

What is it?? Looks like cross between x6, megane and Vectra (or whatever they are called these days)

perchypanther
    Free Member

‘s ripping off a classic, innit?

PrinceJohn
    Free Member

[Quote]Thought it was a Renault to begin with[/quote]

Is it not a Renault? Looks like a Renault badge?

LoCo
    Free Member

Merc. I though

Don’t even get me started on the F’in Evoke convertible… will be spending most of the summer dodging the f’in things being bazzed round the Cornish lanes 👿

john_drummer
    Free Member

Looks like an Opel badge to me. Merc?

grahamt1980

Have you seen the new Mercedes i think c class. It looks like someone left the body mould too close to a heat source. It looks like the ends have melted and drooped. Even uglier than an x6 cayenne crossbreed

binners

Am I the only person in the world who thinks LR Evokes are gopping?

Anyone who hasn’t got long bleached blonde hair, and hasn’t just eaten an overpriced salad at a Bistro in Wilmslow, before heading home to drink white wine, boff their personal trainer, then have a little cry, thinks they’re gopping.

What are the chances of ever seeing one without a private plate that isn’t some hopeless attempt to spell Shaz or Becky, maybe 5HAS 2 and B3CKY 4?

JAG

ermmmm…. what’s wrong with the RR Evoque? or even the RR Evoque convertible?

Don’t forget the very first Series Land Rovers were soft tops….

andysredmini
    Free Member

Its a Mercedes GLE coupe.

I had to look it up though

rocketman
    Free Member

It looks OK but I’d never buy one

Merc drivers = living dead

tenfoot

It’s blander than a bland thing.

The GLA is a daft machine too.

retro83
    Free Member

All of these type of cars are fugly.

From the company which bought you:

Okay now forget all that, here’s the one we’re going to sell a metric shit-tonne of…

We call it the Bloboshitti

P-Jay
    Free Member

All those fat off-road coupe things are for ‘immerging’ markets really. They’ll take money off any fool in the West who wants one, but they were designed with other tastes in mind.

Have you seen the new Aston? It’s all over the papers here in Wales because they’re going to build them in St. Athan, but not many can bring themselves to call it ‘good looking’.

LoCo
    Free Member

3 metric shitonnes, shirley?

Build quality of the maseratis I’ve seen have been shocking, friend of friends couple literally dissembled itself in quick order, engine was amazing though.

jimw
    Free Member

JAG the Series I has a utilitarian style and is a well balanced functional form.

In my opinion, the Evoke is very much style over substance. A very well known car designer once told me that you can always tell whether a car has a balanced form by looking at a white one as it shows up any flaws in it’s basic shape.

Not having seen one in the metal, it is difficult to tell if an Evoke soft-top will be any better looking to my eyes than the ‘normal’ one. I am not holding my breath.

I am aware that I may not have the same sensibilities as many folk as I like the first of the late 1990’s series Fiat Multipla’s

mountainman

Don’t forget the reception the FORD SEIRRA first got after replaceing the Cortina

ElShalimo

retro83 – Member
    We call it the Bloboshitti

😛

D0NK

There’s some unpleasant looking motors on the road these days for sure

cheap/functional boxes on wheels I have no issue with. Something like the OP which presumably has had a fair amount of resource (design time and money) thrown at it to make it look appealing – and completely failing in several posters opinions – that’s a bit different.

jools182
    Free Member

Lady Gresley – Member
    aren’t all cars ugly??

definitely not

leftyboy
    Free Member

Am I the only person in the world who thinks LR Evokes are gopping? Especially in white

No I’m with you especially from behind. Apparently they are selling like hot cakes so

big, ugly, expensive, vulgar, branded.

they won’t be able to make them fast enough.

Seems to be about right 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Merc GLE in the first pic is nice in real life, no really it is quite nice. Ok so I’ve only seen one in Grey and AMG flava’ but it was nice enough. Would’nt buy one but prices are reasonable C£50k for the AMG one. Space inthe rears a bit rubbish but you’d expect that.

Other vehicles to consider in this Group are the Audi Q3 & Q5 and both are just plain Yuk. Also BMW do an X4 now to compliment the X6 that started this craze off..

I don’t see the point of these vehicles, but then I’m not target market am I. They’re aimed at folks who just want to wear a Rugged Well Made Coat but not too rugged that they look like they like the outdoors..

They’ll be popular here in Shiney Town I expect.

loddrik
    Free Member

Merc GLE in the first pic is nice in real life, no really it is quite nice. Ok so I’ve only seen one in Grey and AMG flava’ but it was nice enough.

LoCo
    Free Member

😆

hels
    Free Member

All cars are essentially phallic symbols, one way or another. I am thinking about one of the new right hand drive Mustangs (red of course, V8) but will be driving around to constant chorus of phnarr-phnarring and slagging from everybody I know. So might not bother.

Although on the other hand, the V8 will drown it out, so maybe will keep it on the table.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Anyone who hasn’t got long bleached blonde hair, and hasn’t just eaten an overpriced salad at a Bistro in Wilmslow, before heading home to drink white wine, boff their personal trainer, then have a little cry, thinks they’re gopping.

😆

binners

Hels – just get one! A car that shouts **** OFF!!! at everyone. I’m also absolutely loving the new Ford adverts which seemed to be aimed at doing the same. And believe me, I never thought I’d say I actually liked a car advert, as they’re normally absolutely bloody awful. Love the bold graphics and colours they’re using!

agent007
    Free Member

I just don’t get these cars. Can’t comprehend why someone would walk into a showroom and order one of these (or one of the many other faceless crossover 4×4 coupes)?

Expensive, heavy, ugly, very impractical (compared to an estate or proper 4×4), not sporty (compared to a proper sports Coupe)?

Where’s the plus points? I don’t get it, I really just can’t get my head around it?

dragon
    Free Member

OP’s pic looks like the back of a Renualt Laguna Coupe

I think Merc have pretty much given up on Europe it’s all about the Middle East and Asia now.

Daffy

The new Mercedes GLC looks VERY nice in the metal.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘By god, you are one ugly ****’ is closed to new replies.