Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • "By appointment to her Majesty" – what happens when she's dead?
  • DrRSwank
    Free Member

So, over a late breakfast my wife asked yet another interesting question.

The bottle of Tabasco sauce on the table has the Royal crest and is By Appointment to Liz.

What happens when she (Liz, not the wife) is no longer Queen? Does Charles have to singly endorse every product his mother has endorsed so they can continue to claim appointment to royalty?

Seems a faff, but I don’t see an alternative. Surely “hereditary” endorsement wouldn’t be right.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Charles does his own I think.

jota180
    Free Member

The warrant will expire after 5 years

http://www.royal.gov.uk/MonarchUK/Symbols/Royalwarrants.aspx

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s all tough questions in your house.

I’m guessing he is going to pick what he likes

yunki
    Free Member

It’ll still be by appointment to Liz surely?
    Is there still stuff floating about that was endorsed by Victoria and George..?
    Charles will probably endorse summink else – Encona or perhaps a locally sourced organic offering

Edit: proved wrong by jota’s post

athgray
    Free Member

If she dies of alcohol poisoning after a long night of downing Bloody Mary’s, you might find the tabasco sauce manufacturer will quickly remove the royal crest from it’s product.

yunki
    Free Member

Wasn’t the Bloody Mary by appointment to Mary queen of Scots? Maybe Tabasco will one day be known as Lizzie’s Hot Sex Sauce?

racefaceec90

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tb8Xmq0k7w[/video] 😀

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

A team of special investigators will track down every single bottle of Tabasco ever made and remove the label and any reference to appointments.
    This will also happen come the revolution.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘"By appointment to her Majesty" – what happens when she's dead?’ is closed to new replies.