• This topic has 14 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • buzzcocks
  • Pook

What happened? It used to be a mildly amusing watch. Just terrible now

cozz
    Free Member

just watched it, first time in ages

i’d agree

was tosh

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

It’s getting old, this 8 out of 10 cats, mock the week, even have I Got news and dare I say it QI.
    I don’t really find any of then funny any more a combination of me and them getting far to long in the tooth.

Need to do something more constructive with your time like writing a 52 page case study of something

rene59
    Free Member

What happened?

Mark Lamarr left.

Jamie
    Free Member

QI seems to have become the Beebs storage cupboard for lesbian comedians.

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Watching old you tube vids is far more entertaining

we are klang

maccruiskeen

It’s getting old, this 8 out of 10 cats, mock the week, even have I Got news and dare I say it QI.
    I don’t really find any of then funny any more a combination of me and them getting far to long in the tooth.

Its not so much getting old as thin. The reason this kind of panel show format took off is its a way of getting stand up comedians on telly without them wasting their act. If you do your act on telly then its wasted as everyone then knows the punchlines to your jokes. Panel shows create sit-down comedy instead where you can be funny in response to something rather than tell self-contained jokes and that allows you to keep your live material for live gigs. (unless your Jason Mansford and you shoehorn your live gags into panelshow quiz answers)

They’re successful in that respect – in that they allow you to see more comedy on telly instead of just sketch comedy and Micheal Macintyre reminding you that you’ve noticed things and agreeing with you that, yes, revolving doors are funny (he never has to worry about people knowing the punchline). But because they’re easy and they’re cheap (in relation to sketch shows) theres just too many of them – too many shows and too many episodes of those shows- which means theres are more seats at panel show desks than there are funny people to sit in them.

jambalaya
    Free Member

What @Rene said, I saw the programme recently and was really disappointed, I used to love the show but it’s died 🙁

brakes
    Free Member

you’re getting old
    I SAID YOU’RE GETTING OLD GRANDAD
    stick to Radio Quiet and Ovaltine

Northwind

Needs more Frankie Boyle

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Hmmm. Can’t seem to post what it really needs.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Mock the Week I really like, have done since it started.
    Qi is a bit meh
    8 out of 10 cats I hate with a passion
    Buzzcocks is rubbish, since they brought that Welsh shouty bloke on its become “the Welsh shouty bloke show”

Pigface
    Free Member

HIGNFY has been great this season, Alexander Armstrong (last one) is a great host.

Cougar

I like it. So there.

DezB
    Free Member

Buzzcocks always amuses me. Phil Jupitus just seems bored and needs to leave though.
    I have never ever got one of the intros! I must hear music differently to everyone else.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘buzzcocks’ is closed to new replies.