Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Buying your first motorbike-what to do about a test ride?
  • tomaso
    Free Member

Copying a good design does not mean that the Chinese factory can produce a quality product. Its the poor quality of metals, paints and finishes that makes them wear out so fast. One issue with Chinese bikes is that many motorcycle repair shops won’t touch them – read into that what you like.

hels
    Free Member

I just bought a brand new one, nice man came around with a van and left it outside my house. I saw that ones that were a couple of years old were not that much cheaper so for £1800 I think it was seemed worth it.

I knew what I was getting and ran it in properly, all serviced by the book. I may refuse to sell it to somebody I think will thrash it when the time comes !

I did have to go and sit on about 100 bikes in show rooms tho, to make sure I could get both feet down, but then I am a midget.

DrDomRob
    Free Member

I did a similar thing to what you are intending.

Bought a Yamaha SR125 for 500 quid. Luckily I had a mate who had done his restricted licence the year before so took him. I let him ride it, when he had given it the all clear I took it out for a quick trip up and down the street. It was an awful bike, but I only know that now from the experience I have gained in the meantime!

Being honest with you for the amount of time you are likely to own it, I wouldn’t worry too much about “what” 125 it is.

[TONGUE IN CHEEK] If you can, get some daft bint to pull out in front of you, when you are travelling REALLY SLOWLY, a week after you pass your direct access, the insurance more than covered the purchase of my first big bike… But that is another story! [/TONGUE IN CHEEK]

What ever you do ride it slowly to start with!

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Buying your first motorbike-what to do about a test ride?’ is closed to new replies.