Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Buying stuff from the US – transaction authorization number
  • aracer
    Free Member

Have just ordered some stuff from a company in the US I’ve not used before. Did the usual card payment stuff and now they’ve come back to me asking:

We have received authorization for funds from your Credit Card Company but need to verify some additional information before we can ship your order. We will need the authorization number or approval code assigned to this transaction. This number can sometimes be called a serial number. You can only obtain this number by calling the issuing bank. This will be a six digit code and may be a combination of letters and numbers. It is not printed on your credit card. Every credit card transaction receives an authorization number. This number is confidential and only the credit card holder can contact their bank to obtain this information. Please contact your credit card issuing bank and tell them you need the authorization number on the order placed with XXXX. Once you have this number, you will need to provide it us for verification.

First time I’ve been asked for that in 20+ years of buying stuff on plastic, which makes me just a little suspicious. Has anybody else ever come across this request?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Sounds like what we get in the supermarket- especially if a customers been abroad recently or spending lots.

We phone up the CC company, they speak to the customer and we usually get a no. If yourunlucky, we cut up the card 😈

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Buying stuff from the US – transaction authorization number’ is closed to new replies.