Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • Buying something from LBS then not actually buying it ?
  • Daffy

jako – Member
    Am I the only one who doesn’t think £400 is a lot for a washing machine?

No, you’re not.

If you want something that washes clothes, yes, it can be done for £250. If you want something that washes HUGE loads, and does so with a minimum use of water and power and will continue to do so for in excess of 10 years, you may pay more.

I think ours was £550.

aracer
    Free Member

Huge loads? Maybe not, ours is just a normal sized one, but then the limitation is drying space rather than the amount which fits in the machine. Doesn’t use much water or power. Previous (cheap) machine lasted almost 20 years (and what eventually killed it was fundamentally wear and tear which would also happen to an expensive one), I’d be surprised if this one didn’t manage that. You’re kidding yourself if you think paying more gets you something which will last longer.

Hope Hoops though, much better than normal wheels.

pdV6
    Free Member

You’re kidding yourself if you think paying more gets you something which will last longer.

IME £2-300 washers tend to die after 2-3 years and need plenty of TLC (& expense) to keep them going even that long.
    I “accidentally” [*] bought a £600-odd Miele about 10 years ago and it hasn’t missed a beat.
    Expensive? Yes.
    Worth it? Definitely.

* Due to a measurement cock-up in new kitchen build, the Miele was the only model shallow enough to fit the space without fouling adjacent cupboard & drawer in an L-shaped unit.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

IME £2-300 washers tend to die after 2-3 years and need plenty of TLC (& expense) to keep them going even that long.

What the hell are you washing in there?

RustySpanner

We have a singlespeed washing machine.

It also has a slightly larger drum which really makes my snappers come alive.

weeksy

aracer
    Free Member

You tease weeksy

weeksy
    Stevet1
    Free Member

Your front QR lever is facing the wrong way.

legend
    Free Member

Hope the logos on the washing machine are better aligned

weeksy

Lol in 15 years its never had a detrimental effect, but both were just how I put them on as the bike is hung up, so was just wherever it went

oikeith

tyre logos aren’t aligned with the valves.

weeksy

tyre logos aren’t aligned with the valves

Probably not. Not looked.

jonnyboi

potentially a sweeeeeeeeet bike, yet utterly ruined by sloppy pedal alignment. this saddens me.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Am I the only one who doesn’t think £400 is a lot for a washing machine?

No it’s not a lot, but if money is tight then it could be.

jamj1974

Weeksy. Don’t mess with Cookie Monster gifs!

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

Appliances are getting crapper and crapper. The cheapest line of Bosch washers are now made in Turkey alongside Beko’s and they’re no better built. Hoover/Candy make probably the shittest machines I’ve seen.

The problem is that most are made to be either difficult or near impossible to repair. In fact for a lot of the really low end stuff you can’t even buy spares, they’re just not available and never were.

Is pretty disgusting that stuff is made so poorly because of all the resources spent doing so. If a machine lasted 20 years it would cause far less pollution than making,moving and scrapping the 3 or 4 rubbish ones needed to last as long.

But the manufacturers stick a cute little green leaf and “eco” on the front panel and gullible people believe they’re saving the planet when actually they’re just buying next years landfill.

cloudnine
    Free Member

The gardener needs some new glasses if he can’t see those weeds..

weeksy

The gardener needs some new glasses if he can’t see those weeds..

Wifes job… Not mine. She usually does the garden stuff while i’m working on cycles/motorbikes. I’ll admonish her today.

The old machine collapsed when they tried to take it away, all sorts of bits falling off it.. 🙂

New one is lovely and quiet. However, it’s a washing machine, i’m not sure i can bring enough enthusiasm to take pics of it.

I may ride the Whyte on the nice new HOPE wheel though 🙂

Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘Buying something from LBS then not actually buying it ?’ is closed to new replies.