• This topic has 22 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Buying perscription drugs online (Simvastatin)
  • postierich
    Free Member

Been prescribed them for my dodgy artery and in need of some more but apparently they only cost 4p each but having to pay the full £7+ for 28 days worth so looking at cutting my costs and buying online any trusted sites you would recommend?

Rich

Moses

I wouldn’t trust any online. Indian drugs are notorious for not being well made. The postage from overseas would surely add a quid or so to the cost.

How about asking your doc if she can prescribe 3 months at a time, so cutting your cost to less than 10p / day ?

midlifecrashes

Yup, ask the doc for six months or a years worth at a time. So many folk are on free presciptions, some docs don’t think to check on the costs. If you’re on anything else at all or visit the docs more than once or twice a year it’ll pay to buy a season ticket at £104 per annum if the doc won’t prescribe in bulk.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

How much are they in Boots etc? You can hand over the prescription but pay for it privately, ive done it a few times.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Move to Scotland.

bearnecessities

As above. Please don’t buy online; if it’s a l/t prescription there will be no problem in 6 month (or pending shelf life of drug) prescription.

totalshell

buddy up with someone else who has the same drug and others get an annual pass and use theres… loads of heavy drug users do it.

3dvgirl
    Free Member

DO NOT DO THIS, UNLESS A) YOU ARE VERY STUPID B) YOU WANT TO DIE.
    DO NOT DO THIS!!!

bearnecessities

DO NOT DO THIS, UNLESS A) YOU ARE VERY STUPID B) YOU WANT TO DIE.
    DO NOT DO THIS!!!

Write in CAPS LOCK? – AAARGH SHOUTY!!

3dvgirl
    Free Member

Write in CAPS LOCK? – AAARGH SHOUTY!!

op’s question is akin to asking if they should deep fry their head.

tomhoward

I know every little helps but £7 every 4 weeks to keep you alive doesn’t seem too much to me?

bearnecessities

op’s question is akin to asking if they should deep fry their head.

No it’s not.

You seem very shiny, shouty and new to here; were you previously banned Sir? Sorry, m’lady.

shermer75
    Free Member

That’s a pretty strong reaction 3dvgirl. What do you know?

ebygomm
    Free Member

if it’s a l/t prescription there will be no problem in 6 month

We clearly don’t go to the same doctors, I can’t get more than a 56 day prescription.

3dvgirl
    Free Member

That’s a pretty strong reaction 3dvgirl. What do you know?

As a student nurse i can tell you from my 2 years experience that buying drugs on the net is both stupid and dangerous. Many people have been made ill/ killed.

Counterfeit Drugs kill end of story.

KonaTC
    Moses

I don’t think that online drugs will actively kill you, but they are less lkely to keep you alive than EU/US manufactured ones.
    Ranbaxy is one of India’s biggest pharmas. The following article was written for the industry, but is fairly layman-friendly:
    Scarily bad

DunkyDunc’s suggestion is unlikely to save money: you still have to pay the prescription fee, then the drugs on top.

bearnecessities

As a student nurse i can tell you from my 2 years experience that buying drugs on the net is both stupid and dangerous. Many people have been made ill/ killed.

Counterfeit Drugs kill end of story.

I refer to my original question:

You seem very shiny, shouty and new to here; were you previously banned Sir? Sorry, m’lady.

We clearly don’t go to the same doctors, I can’t get more than a 56 day prescription

I’m not a pharmacist, just have a Pop with glaucoma in a similar drug related scenario. I shouldn’t have quantified time length; just making point to extend max possible prescription. My bad there; 6 months probably a bit silly.

3dvgirl
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Djftj0bwus[/video]Op please don’t

don’t do this you could get really really hurt!! 🙁 🙁

bearnecessities

Yup. You definitely smack of a previously banned member.

vickypea
    Free Member

I would strongly advise against buying prescription meds online. The reason they are so much cheaper is that they usually contain far less of the active ingredient.

Drac

Don’t buy them online Rich it’s not worth the health risk, ask you GP if it’s possible for a longer prescription. Not all drugs are given on long prescription as they like to keep check of patients but it’s worth asking.

Hahaha 2 years experience. 😀

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Buying perscription drugs online (Simvastatin)’ is closed to new replies.