Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Buying off a well known auction site USA?
  • stevied
    Free Member

Hey
    I’m looking to buy some new forks (or 2nd hand ones for that matter) and have seen quite a few good looking sets on e*** USA.
    Anyone done this before? Things I should look out for? What about customs?
    Any help gratefully received..
    Steve

sv

You might get hit with VAT and a handling charge, I did but everything went well with the eBay side.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’ve bought a lot of stuff from ebay in the US. I only once got hit with VAT on a 5Spot frame, I’ve bought wheels,forks,tents, even my Flux came from there.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Bought shed loads from there, only got hit for tax, import etc once. Will continue to use from there due to mahoosive savings.

d45yth
    Free Member

If you’re buying new, is it worth buying from the US to end up with no warranty? Especially for what you can buy Rockshox for from the likes of Merlin.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

~4% import tax, 20% VAT and £8 handling fee from courier are typical IF they pick up on it, which is more likely if bought new from a professional trading outfit.

And I’d check on warranties, most are regional and managed by the importers, dont know off-hand if say RS have a worldwide warranty.

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Someone I know did that for what looked like a bargain set of new zocchies byt found they were utter pos to ride and warranty what warranty!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Buying off a well known auction site USA?’ is closed to new replies.