Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Buying obscure bike parts from Germany
  • mansonsoul
    Free Member

I'm trying to buy a Shimano Alfine dynamo hub to build into a 26" wheel, and I can only find it from a German company called bike-components.de

They want me to pay by bank transfer. No worries. Only, they've sent me the email with instructions in German. No worries, google translate…

And then my bank wants a sort code and an account number, and a reference, which I think is my order number.
    Where is what I need out of this?

Kontoverbindung in Deutschland
    BIKE-COMPONENTS.DE
    Commerzbank
    BLZ: 39040013
    Konto: 1223080

Thanks anyone

codebauer
    Free Member

According to the website they should have a UK bank account for you.

A BLZ is not a sort-code. You would need a IBAN/IBIC to transfer cash across the pond. Welcome to Europe

Sven

Codebauer is right and wrong… The BLZ IS the equivalent of the sort code, it's called Bankleitzahl. The Konto(-Nummer) is the account number. Commerzbank is obviously the name of the bank. Your bank here should be able to find out the IBAN for you, that is all that you should need (as it's made up partly of the BLZ/sort code and account number) to tranfer money within Europe; it's also the easiest and cheapest way to transfer money. Otherwise, just ask bike-components.de for their IBAN unless they have an UK bank account as Codebauer suggests.
    Sven

MSP

pay by CC if you can, or you will be hit with much higher charges for sterling to euro transfers.

the below is from a bike components purchase I made a few months back, bit I live in germany so this section didn't apply to me

Kontoverbindung in Deutschland
    BIKE-COMPONENTS.DE
    Commerzbank
    BLZ: 39040013
    Konto: 1223080

In case of a money transfer coming from a foreign EU-country use the option that the cost are to be split(shared cost).
    In addition make explicit sure with your bank, that you use a special type of cross-border transfer
    that is coverd by the EU regulation 2560/2001 ( EU Standard Transfer Order ).
    Only Cross-border payments that fullfill all conditiones covered by the EU regulation are priced the same as domestic transactions.

IBAN: DE15 3904 0013 0122 3080 00
    SWIFT: COBADEFF390

ratherbeintobago

Buy from Rose bikes (www.roseversand.de) instead? They have Alfine dynamo hubs IIRC, & they are set up for UK sales.

Andy

travellingman
    Free Member

I bought some components from Roseversand last week. Really excellent service so far with my emails replied to promptly and personally. I think I missed the delivery today but I don't forsee any problems.

Cheaper than bike-components.de for the Alfine Dynamo hub as well! They charge less for carriage and accept credit cards. The whole process is carried out in English and is very easy to navigate through.

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Oh bloody hell, I didn't even know about that! Thanks everyone, order duly cancelled and new order placed. Massive thankyou to you all!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Buying obscure bike parts from Germany’ is closed to new replies.