Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Buying number plates online
  • beamers

I need to get a number plate to put on the back of my Atera Strada towbar bike rack.

Any suggestions as to where I can but a number plate online?

Ta

Junkyard
    Free Member

dont think you can you need to produce the Log book and ID to get on ethese days anywhere local motor factor should do them.

neilb67
    Free Member

Got my last one from Halfords….

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    PePPeR

Nah loads of them do them online without needing all the log books and faffing around, I'd check out the Irish sites, they don't need all the paperwork crap!

Also your local market place on a saturday or sunday morning is another great place to get them done cheaply and quickly!

PePPeR

Most of these chaps will sort you out quickly

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&rlz=1C1CHMR_enGB325GB325&q=cheap+number+plate+maker&btnG=Search&meta=

Hint the ones called show plates are the ones you're after.

druidh
    Free Member

Loads on ebay

Muke
    Free Member

I've used lenny7g on Fleabay before when I needed a plate for the bike rack.Very good service.

petrieboy

i got one for my rack on e-bay – £5 delivered!

Zedsdead
    Free Member

I also used Lenny7g. And yep, he was ace.

stumpyjon

Now you tell me, been to Halfrauds this morning and it cost me £ 14 plus loads of faffing.

rOcKeTdOg

got on for the bike rack with 'rocketdog' written under the number off t'internet, can't for the life of me remember where from though, but deffo no proof of registration needed

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

IIRC These plates you buy off the internet are "show" plates and theoretically illegal. The only things you can have on the plate are the reg no and the name of the supplier, and the supplier needs a record of your details

simon_g

The ones that don't require that stuff are based in Ireland.

Have used http://www.fancyplates.com/ before and they were fine. I like completely "clean" plates all to legal spacing, etc with no additional text (not even the name/postcode of who made them) and they did a great job.

Technically plates have to meet the relevant British Standard (that includes requirements for having the maker of the plate's details and no other text) but I have yet to come across anyone with plates of legal colour / font / size / material / no silly borders that has actually had any trouble with the law.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Buying number plates online’ is closed to new replies.