Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Buying Meat Online
  • ali69er
    Free Member

Hi all,

Anyone have any experience buying meat online, or specialty cuts?

I struggle to get to a local butcher and supermarkets tend to bone joints or don’t have what I am after.

Are there any recommendations?

summitchilterns
    Free Member

Donald Russell very good, excellent selection and great tasting meat… free delivery too if you spend over x amount…

kormoran
    Free Member

We kind of do this as we order online from a local farm who sells through our local farmers market – they bring the meat down and we collect from the stall. We had bought from them before several times and were happy with the quality and provenance. Now we put in a big order and freeze it straight away, it works out as ridiculously good value. We’ve been doing it for a year or so I think now, very happy.

stumpy01

Friend of mine buys all his meat from musclefood and swears by them.

km79
    Free Member

+1 Donald Russell

jamesmio
    Free Member

Kilnford are great – https://www.kilnford.co.uk

All their own stuff, really good quality meat

thecaptain
    Free Member

I’m sure its very good but **** me that’s expensive meat. Paid 4 quid for a pheasant a few days ago and thought that was a bit pricey. 8 quid a bird! And 56 quid for a kilo of sirloin!

Spoilt by having a Booths 5 mins walk away, where whatever’s on sale that day is usually a good choice (and occasional visits to Harrogate for the yorkshire farmers meat shop)

mrwhyte
    Free Member

This guy does some brilliant local venison, delicious. http://www.roberthawkervenison.co.uk

Luckily do not have to get delivery as he lives in the farm opposite us.

toby1

There’s a bbq/smoking group on Facebook I’ve been reading recently, this guy is constantly recommend in there JL Butchers

ali69er
    Free Member

That JL butchers has some good stuff but it’s quite pricey.

Mostly want it for BBQ purposes

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Buying Meat Online’ is closed to new replies.