Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Buying me a Soul! Just need some Hope!
  • andyt1054
    Free Member

Hi all

Just about to pull the trigger on a new cotic soul, think I prefer the mercury with orange colour, just wondered what colour hope parts to go with it, such as orange, blue, gold, red etc

Really struggling to decide! Any suggestions from the ST collective?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or ideas!

Andy

weeksy

Black

Northwind

Translucent

coomber
    Free Member

Red never looks good. Lime green or black

Merak

All orange, everyone else is wrong.

jekkyl

[video]https://youtu.be/IIW9sL-Yf6Q[/video]

andyt1054
    Free Member

Haha thanks for the comments!

agree with the red comment too, mmmm black may be the option!

Or purple!

rossburton
    Free Member

This is my gunmetal Solaris with orange Hope pieces:

(headset, bottom bracket, seatclamp, chainring may have been a step to far?)

andyt1054
    Free Member

Thanks dude, that looks really good. I think I may have found the answer…

tjagain

Black. ~Coloured anodised looks cheap and nasty IMO

dumbbot
    Free Member

What’s that nonsense about red? Looks good to me..

jekkyl

If you consider resell at some point in the distant future black will sell better either as pieces or on a bike. Taste in Coloured bits is subjective but everyone likes black. In my opinion I should add.

andyt1054
    Free Member

You make a good point sir! However I’m hoping the soul will be a keeper … (famous last words!…)

core

Black.

All colours besides purple are tacky AF, and purple with orange will look a right dogs dinner. Orange is crap.

Can also swap black bits onto any other frame in the future.

kelvin

Silver.

noltae
    Free Member

I must say when one goes full throttle on colour accents it can get old fast – For my new build I’ve gone for black components but sneaking in a bit of colour via brake mounts – rotor bolts – headset spacers etc .. The cheaper swappable parts – Easier to change when you invariably grow bored of your chosen colour scheme .

metalheart
    Free Member

Must admit I tend to the black option myself.

I did think the gold (or orange, I forget which now) looked good when I first saw it but I’m bored of it already… 😳

I’m fickle and I’m proud of it…

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Red.

vincienup
    Free Member

Personally I’d go black or polished silver.

Red does Work but usually only really in the absence of any other colour – so on plain black, white or polished/brushed natural. The orange highlights would ruin it in this case. Ditto Purple. Blue, maybe thanks to the outline on the logo and the complement to the orange.

I’ve asked myself the same question as the Mercury and Orange Soul is on my shopping list for after Christmas. If you like Hope, then all Orange is an option if you like that, but the more non- matching bits you mix in, the worse it will look IMO. Personally I struggle with Hope’s blocky industrial design, and just a headset and B.B. in ano would look silly so no problem… there are plenty of other parts that Work as well and cost no more.

rickmeister

Everyone needs a Soul full of Hope once in their life….

andykirk
    Free Member

If you can get it in silver (natural) finish, then do that, it will look the best and be the most resilient to scratches. If not get it in black.

Matching coloured metal ‘accents’ always looks naff, unless it is maybe just one component just to add a bit of visual zing, in which case you are better off going for a complete visual contrast, i.e bright green bars on a black bike or something.

munrobiker
    Free Member

The rules for taste are pretty simple. If it’s not a frame or fork, it’s black or silver. End of. Otherwise it looks like it’s been thrown together by the sort of person that likes Mrs Brown’s Boys.

kelvin

Silver.

bighairydel

No one has even mentioned the shocking brick work above?!

dougieb
    Free Member

black

newrobdob
    Free Member

The rules for taste are pretty simple. If it’s not a frame or fork, it’s black or silver.

I am so glad I don’t abide by your “rules”. Must be a bit drab living in your monochrome world. 😥

Go for orange, I was thinking of doing exactly the same thing if I get a new Soul frame.

newrobdob
    Free Member

Silver

A lot of components only come in black nowadays which I don’t understand on a MTB eg black rims – why? Silver makes a bike look “lighter” and more svelte and scratches and marks don’t show up as much. Add a little colour on top and it can look really good.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

must say when one goes full throttle on colour accents it can get old fast – For my new build I’ve gone for black components but sneaking in a bit of colour via brake mounts – rotor bolts – headset spacers etc .. The cheaper swappable parts – Easier to change when you invariably grow bored of your chosen colour scheme .

+1

If it’s a Soul though, and not orange, you need orange bits on it.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Buying me a Soul! Just need some Hope!’ is closed to new replies.