Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • buying houses
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

By eck, agents are bloody idiots aren’t they! Went and had a look at a house that needs work, and is overpriced (been on sale since last Sept and the owners have passed). Mentioned about the work and price to the agent, ohh its the location……. OK why hasn’t it sold then? Errrrr, the market is better now. OK any offers on it? Errrrrrr……. Also the prices of property that’s sold and the information on the internet (zoopla, etc) is not true. Agh, they do my nut in.

oldboy
    Free Member

If you are genuinely interested you need to put an offer in at the price you think it’s worth, and see where it goes.

They probably think you are a just another time waster if all you want to do is talk about it – sorry!

monkeychild
    Free Member

1st viewing and I am in a position to buy. I was hurried around it too,weird.

oldboy
    Free Member

OK, if the viewing was hurried then you have a right to be a bit unhappy, but once you start making offers I think you will find they have your full attention!

jam-bo

make an offer, they have a duty to pass it on to the seller.

nealglover
    Free Member

Overpriced to put people off, hurried uninterested viewings to put people off, no offers for a while.

Then a friend of the agent puts in a cheeky offer and the owners accept because they just just want to get it sorted and get their cash, and they are scared it won’t sell.

Just a guess 🙂

By eck, agents are bloody idiots aren’t they!

They get people to pay them thousands of pounds to put some pictures on a website, and open a door every now and then to show people a house.

They aren’t that daft!

monkeychild
    Free Member

Overpriced to put people off, hurried uninterested viewings to put people off, no offers for a while.

Then a friend of the agent puts in a cheeky offer and the owners accept because they just just want to get it sorted and get their cash, and they are scared it won’t sell.

Just a guess

I bet that happens quite a lot!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘buying houses’ is closed to new replies.