Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Buying green hubs. Where?
  • mikey-simmo
    Free Member

I want green hubs for a wheel build for my cross bike. I know hope do team green ones but I can’t find any others about. Anyone seen any?

gnusmas

Superstar?

BigCol
    Free Member

I have a set of (non disc) chris king R45s in green, CXP33 rims (black), black DT comp spokes. Only done a few 100 miles – they were for my best bike, but the frame cracked and I ended up replacing it with a road disc frame so got new wheels.

Would I be able to interst you in these?

😉

colinjwoodward at gmail dot com

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Col: Chris king eh? I do need disc hubs though. Thanks for that.
    Gnusmas: how good are superstar these days?

gnusmas

I got 2 sets of their wheels, been pretty good to me.
    A mate of mine recommended them to me as he has some on his DH bike (well over a year now) and they take a good battering by him, stood up to a lot and still going strong.

julianwilson
    Free Member

I saw some wheels on ebay (taken off a new bike) the other day with green salsa branded formula hubs: I doubt you can just buy the hubs just like that but that direction may be worth a look. (for the hubs and spokes, not the rims!)
    [edit] found it, but the auction runs out in 2 hours and the front is 15mm. Ignore me! 😳

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Saw those 15 mm salsa hubs but thought I’d struggle to find conversion adaptors.
    Might try superstar.
    Thanks

njee20
    Free Member

I9, Tune, King. Expensive way to get green hubs though!

schmiken

Mack hubs?

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Mack? Hubs. Never heard of them. Don’t think I can run to kings even if they last a lifetime.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

I’ve gone for a pair of Superstar hubs (flame me now) Switch Evo in green and a pair of DT Swiss 465D rims to build into cross wheels.
    Thanks all

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Buying green hubs. Where?’ is closed to new replies.