Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Buying gloves on the internet
  • biker66
    Free Member

Anyone do it and how’d you get on with it? Would love to support the LBS on this one but just not the selection like on the interweb. Some have size charts, some don’t. Seen some JT racing ones I fancy. I did buy some specialized large from Evans, then they stretched a bit and I thought I should have bought the medium. So I guess I’m somewhere between a medium and a large.

banjax34
    Free Member

Good luck, different brands , different sizes, at least crc do free returns

theendisnigh
    Free Member

I always buy a size smaller as they go baggy after a few rides. So I buy small rather than medium, done it for several pairs now and not regretted it. They can be a bit tight at first but after a couple of rides they bed in.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

different brands , different sizes

This.

dantsw13

Have a google for the gloves you want – read the reviews on the main bike shop sites – any gloves that deviate from normal sizing will be reported there.

As above, all Internet purchases can be returned for a refund. Bearing in mind new gloves will feel tight until they have stretched in.

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Glove sizes are crazy.

In Specialized I am XL and in Gore I am XXXL!

dantsw13

Gore sizes are like that for everything, to be fair!!

mlke
    Free Member

Definitely a job for a well stocked bikeshop maybe one that isn’t local.
    Go for a brand with a big range of gloves so that when you find the right fitting one then you can go for the same size in the different gloves you’ll inevitably need – armoured, warm weather, cold weather, bleeding cold and effin’ artic.

matther01
    Free Member

Never seem to have luck with gloves until now. Endura singletrack inner lining in the fingers would always come loose, 661 Raji fitted in the fingers but the palms bunched up giving me really bad blisters…after many years Troy Lee Air in medium are 100% brilliant (if a wee bit expensive).

freeagent
    Free Member

I bought a pair of Fox Gloves in Evans, sized L – I’ve since bought different Fox gloves, also size L on-line, and they fit perfectly.
    I’ll buy on-line in future, and probably stick to Fox…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Buying gloves on the internet’ is closed to new replies.