Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Buying glasses online
  • meandyuk

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone bought their glasses online and if so where from? I’ve got my prescription done from boots but I couldn’t see any frames I liked, and there prices seemed high… £180 for lenses alone!

Cheers,
    Andy

paulmgreen
    Free Member

Try these guys …. They are a customer of mine and are lovely people

http://www.glassesframesandlenses.com/shop/index.php

soma_rich
    Free Member

I’m stuggaling to find anyone who will do my prescription which is -7.5 as most online people seem to stop at -6.
    These guys seem to let you select all the way down to -10!
    http://www.selectspecs.com/
    Has anyone used them?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    justinbieber

I got some glasses from http://www.glassesdirect.co.uk a while back, and I got them reglazed last year online too. Saved an absolute fortune both times. Can thoroughly recommend it.
    I get my contact lenses online too btw.

samuri
    Free Member

I had the same issue with sports glasses. In the shops you’ll struggle to find anyone who will do them beyond -5.

Then you have to argue with the on the street opticians so they’ll give you your dispensing details. It’s ridiculous. Yes, I’m Mr Magoo, you’re supposed to be helping people like me. Screw the guys you see who have -2. Boo Hoo, things are a bit blurred for you. Without glasses I can’t recognise my own family unless they’re within 6 inches of me. Is it too much to ask to be able to get decent riding glasses even if I’ve committed the terrible offence of having funny shaped eyeballs?

That’s whay I have to shop online.

/wipes spittle from screen

aP
    Free Member

I wouldn’t buy online at -7.5 as the placement of centres is too critical.

jkomo

Boots are expensive, get it priced up at Speccies, or make sure your online place offers a no quibble guarantee.
    There’s a lot that can go wrong, the higher the prescription, the more things that can be wrong.

thehustler
    Free Member

Then you have to argue with the on the street opticians so they’ll give you your dispensing details. It’s ridiculous

Why would it be rediculous when its ‘dispensing’ information which forms part of the cost of glasses not clinical info covered by the site test.

Wonder how many elements of your job are given out for ‘free’ as its ‘ridiculous’to pay for it?.

Also as mentioned above when prescriptions become complex (above 6 generally) horizontal and vertical placement of the lens becomes critical so aren’t really something you should be trying to order online as the fit of the frame in relation to your eyes needs to be taken into account and measured accordingly.

jools182
    Free Member

I got my last pair online

I’m struggling to remember the name of the company though, all I remember is that they were based somewhere really unexpected, I’m sure it was the Highlands

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Buying glasses online’ is closed to new replies.