Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Buying flights at airports?
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

is it possible? say I was in Madrid and had to get back to the UK (been offered a really good gig but its not 100%) could I buy a ticket at the airport? would I have to sell a kidney?

BoardinBob

Had to do it once to get back to Glasgow from Amsterdam and they raped my credit card for the privilege.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Have you not consulted the Sheep Skull of Knowledge about this, Mr Nutt?

heresjonny
    Free Member

I've done it once in greece got a package deal and did'nt use the return flight as we decided to stay on Island hopping for a month, was'nt to bad but had to wait around all day waiting for a flight with space ( also seemed to infer it was a little illegal) only problem it was back to Manchester and I live in kent so had to hire a car to get home. But dont remember it being that costly the flight not the car.

krag
    Free Member

I've bought tickets at Amsterdam and Bristol airports in the past. You'll be paying top whack though.

llama

Possible

I've done it a couple of times and it was expensive – maybe double what I would have paid if I booked a few months in advance – but the company was paying.

Only worth it if you really must leave with minimum notice.

vinnyeh

I paid full economy price for a BA flight at the airport once. I reckon you'd get a better deal using the web, even flying the same day.

zaskar
    Free Member

Google flights or Booking.com

If it's in an emergency then the ticket desk might be an only option.

travel insurance?

midlifecrashes

Done it once, family bereavement, many years ago. Couldn't really afford full fare, or it would have crippled me the rest of the year. Explained the circumstances, the desk folk rang HQ and gave me a decent deal rather than the walk up price. Continental Airlines, btw.

MrNutt
    Free Member

god I'd have thought they'd be happy to take what ever they could if I only had hand luggage and they had space on the plane, after all they are going that way, is it possible to hitchhike at the end of the runway, do airplanes have trade plates??!?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Buying flights at airports?’ is closed to new replies.