Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Buying drugz online (for cats!). Any Vets on the forum today?
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

So, we have a very stressed out cat in the house; after trying everything behaviour-wise, we’ve been recommended Zylkene by our veterinary friend. I’ve seen them for sale at 100 x 75mg capsules for £37 + free first class post delivery on VetUK. The site seems to check out ok and it has a lively enough facebook presence.

Buying these from a high street vet would cost a hell of a lot more than this (I’m sure, but waiting for somebody to come back to me). Anybody else used VetUK to buy pet medication. I’m just worried about paying for counterfeit shite I guess.

mtbfix

My sister used petmeds for her willing dog’s various medications.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Haven’t tried but have also been recommended pet meds. Why is the cat stressed?

sskelly
    Free Member

I have used Viovet for online vet drugs for many years. Very good service.

z1ppy

petsmeds here

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Why is the cat stressed?

Tbh, it’s a long story. But previously happy cat meets new baby and is coping (relatively) fine. He’s been fine with Molly (our BT) and even rubs noses with her occasionally. Then friends with (crazy) kids visit new baby. Kids get a bit bored with wrecking our house and then decide chasing the less calm cat around the house (unbeknownst to us) for a few minutes might be fun, while shining a bike torch (set to flashing leds) at it. We couldn’t find him for around half an hour after they’d left – he’d found one of my dust sheets and wrapped himself up in it. Then spent the rest of the day hidden in the airing cupboard petrified of coming out. He’s not been right since. Over-grooming, soiling outside the litter tray, scratching carpets and generally being very nervous.

andyl
    Free Member

have you tried a feliway plug in thing?

if it’s a boy that’s been neutered then watch out for him not weeing and getting cystitis too. Could end up having to have a tube inserted and a stay at the vets.

Milkie
    Free Member

Another vote for Feliway plugins, stopped my cat getting stressed when I left him. 😥

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Feliway’s been on since baby came home. 🙂 So they were at a baseline of Feliway anyway.

granny_ring

Sounds like your friends need to keep a better eye on their kids 🙄

Hope it works out.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Buying drugz online (for cats!). Any Vets on the forum today?’ is closed to new replies.