Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Buying bikes from Gumtree – too good to be true?
  • piemann
    Free Member

My head is telling it me it must be hotter that the sun, but it’s such a good deal. Do I give the seller benefit of the doubt or just walk away. He could genuinely just be selling it cheaply 😕

binners

And your last stolen bike turned up where exactly…..? 😉

neninja
    Free Member

Most bikes on Gumtree that sound too good to be true are scams. You can only contact the seller via email and they ask that you pay via Western Union etc etc.

The ones that are too good to be true and have a genuine phone number are usually nicked. Having said that I got a bargain bike from there with the receipt, manuals, reflectors etc in the box still last year.

piemann
    Free Member

If I remember correctly, it turned up for sale in Warrington. Where did you say you were from again??

pinetree
    Free Member

Care to share the link?

binners

Erm…. not tellin’ 😀

Anyway… haven’t you got enough bikes? 😉

piemann
    Free Member

N+1 my friend….

teamslug
    Free Member

For what its worth I’ve just bought a frame from Gumtree. Spoke to guy who was happy to give me contact details/addresses etc. Speak to the people selling. If you’re clued up its easy to trip up a none biker with a few clever questions. Use your head not your heart. If there is any doubt walk away. There will be another one on the way soon. Use paypal (not gift)and offer to pay the fees.I also think prices on there are a quite a bit lower than here….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Buying bikes from Gumtree – too good to be true?’ is closed to new replies.