• This topic has 16 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Haze.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Buying Beer Online
  • Haze

Fancy ordering a few different bottles of stuff – Chimay, Leffe 9 kind of thing.

Unfortunately there are no decent/reliable off licences around these parts that I know of so will probably get a few in over the internet.

Anyone have any recommendations, preferably with free delivery?

Drac

I’ve these guys in the past http://www.beersofeurope.co.uk always were very good.

toxicsoks
    Free Member
    Haze

Delivery a bit of a stinger, may have to increase the order to justify it 😉

SilentSparky
    Free Member

How about Asda or Tesco’s they have quite a range and delivery isn’t too bad, but can normally find a code for free delivery…

JulianA
    Free Member

Pop over to Belgium (depending on where you live) and get them for just over 1 euro per bottle?

johndoh
    Free Member

Beeritz- originally started off in my home town I believe. The shop is closed though which is crap.

john_drummer
    Free Member

if you’re in the northwest of Englandshire, Booths is the go to supermarket for beer. my nearest is in Ilkley, a mere 6 miles away. I should visit more often

Haze

Well started off after some Leffe 9 and/or Ruby which never appears in any off licences or supermarkets around here, West Mids by the way.

Bit of a trek to Belgium though I guess I could combine it with a visit to the Classics next year.

In the meantime what’s the score with the old booze cruise routines these days, is it still legit?

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I gave up buying beer online or even in a shop.

Trying to brew my own.

Got some St Austells IPA to get on the go when I get back to blighty..

atlaz
    Free Member

If you go to buy beer in Belgium, head south from Dunkirk and go to Noel Cuvelier’s Farm Shop on the edge of Poperinge. Has probably 200-300 different beers which you’d be hard pushed to find anywhere else other than the small towns that make the beer.

Little review on some beer blog

There’s also a really good restaurant called Hommelhof about 5 mins away in Watou. Beer is used in most of the dishes.

Haze

Cheers Atlaz.

Mrlebowski, I brew my own as well though it’s nice to have a few ‘special’ beers knocking around the place…for inspiration!

rewski
    Free Member

Haze – you can get those in Asda, if you want to dig deeper try alesbymail.com. Also, this is a really good reference book Worlds Best Beers

There’s also a selection of really good IPA’s out there, I’m slowly working my way through them.

Coyote
    Free Member

Most supermarkets have a pretty wide selection and all a damn site cheaper than those web sites. Tesco for example have a special on Innes and Gunn, £5 for 4 bottles. That includes their Original, Blonde and Rum Finish varieties. I stocked up the other day, now Friday can’t come quick enough!

rewski
    Free Member

Double post

While I’m here, give Westmalle Triple and Delerium Tremens a try, also Lambic’s, not to my taste 😉

Helios
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator

I’ve these guys in the past http://www.beersofeurope.co.uk always were very good.

Seconded – they’re on my drive between home and the beach – so taking the dog for a walk often involves a trip into their ENORMOUS WAREHOUSE OF BEER… Is quite a sight… and worth a wander if you’re around that neck of the woods…

Haze

Haze – you can get those in Asda

Never seen anything other than the usual Leffe but have found Chimay Blue in Asda before, unfortunately doesn’t seem very reliable around these parts.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Buying Beer Online’ is closed to new replies.