• This topic has 54 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by JCL.
Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Buying an enduro bike, any I haven't thought off?
  • Rickos
    Free Member

I like the look of the Saracen Ariel 152, but you’d need 10% off to get to your £3K budget, but that’s probably relatively easy to get. It ticks all your boxes for kit and is 650B.

The Kona Process is possibly the bike of the year though, so if you can get one then my vote goes for that.

chestrockwell

I’ve got an Orange 5 29 S and can highly recommend it. Looking at the specs you could have one with upgrade to the 34 Fit’s and still have change for a dropper.

Very capable bike and very fast. Doesn’t feel it’s weight or size and is as easy to ride on twisty trails as my old 26″ 5. 😉

l0key
    Free Member

just ordered a ariel 152 myself today from lbs, they will get it in budget for you, they did for me. told them a realistic price i was willing to pay, they came close enough with a hanger and pedals for me to go for it.

they’ve gotta make some money on the deal at least. can’t wait till 31st Jan when back to pick it up.

Northwind

I was impressed with the Five 29er, manages to retain what makes a Five good, with a dash of added clownwheel. Best trailbike they’ve done I think though the factory specs are poor. Got a wee speculative eye out for a used one now…

I like the Kona 153, it ingeniously seems to have almost the same geometry as a slackenised 2010 Cotic Hemlock, except with a slightly longer toptube, so it’ll be pretty dang good 😉

JCL
    Free Member

You only gave that bit of info up once it was pointed out that your first post was bollocks. And I think I’ll chose not to take your word that all of your mates think your bike is the bestest in the world. Particularly as I’ve ridden one and thought it very ordinary at best.

Well everyone I know and most of the industry seems to think the opposite.

Anyway OP, I think you’re looking at the right bikes (along with the BMC). No bottle cage on the Kona is probably a deal breaker for me. Still, it’s probably the only non 29″ I’d consider.

stewartc
    Free Member

How about a Giant Trance Advanced 27.5 2?
    Maybe sell the forks and replace with some Pikes which should all still come to below 3k?
    Just ordered the Advanced SX model myself but that’s a little above your stated budget, however this model looks like good value for a carbon frame and reasonable groupset.

wrecker
    Free Member

Well everyone I know and most of the industry seems to think the opposite.

In JCL land maybe.
    Not another owner of an enduro 29er by any chance?

chakaping
    Free Member

Next thread: “What handbags for enduro?”

slackalice
    Free Member

With some judicious purchasing of components, I would like to suggest the new PYGA 140 650B.

And in yellow, it looks stunning.

Northwind

wrecker – Member

I do love how these comments are made to seem like the poster has based them upon actual knowledge rather than complete guesswork!

Hob Nob – Member

Well, funny you should say that, but I have an Enduro 29

wrecker – Member

I’d never have guessed……
    Perhaps you should have stated this so that the OP realised that you opinion isn’t neutral.

Comedy gold from Wrecker… He’d never have guessed- er, obviously not! And all opinions are invalid, whether they come from an owner or a non-owner.

JCL
    Free Member

In JCL land maybe.
    Not another owner of an enduro 29er by any chance?

Yeah I got one.

Vital bike or the year, Pinkbike bike of the year, all the Sram guys run them, a lot of guys at the mags run them.

It’s all a conspiracy though right Wrecker? You’re a funny guy.

wrecker
    Free Member

And you’re a cock.

Shepdon
    Free Member

There’s only one one to settle this
    http://youtu.be/8ajHs8tCWew

mrvear
    Free Member

Problem with enduro bikes is that you can only ride it at enduro races/events. What if you want to ride all over a mountain, or down a hill or across some countrysides?

JCL
    Free Member

And you’re a cock.

😆 Classic.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Buying an enduro bike, any I haven't thought off?’ is closed to new replies.